cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocking service from Plusnet

semail

Shocking service from Plusnet

They will no doubt blame open reach, I'm afraid that will not wear with me as ultimately they all fall under the BT umbrella. For months my service has been flaky, constantly losing connection to router either Ethernet or wifi.
Finally got fed up at start of July and they sent a new router, if anything it's got even worse since. OR visit and change line between house and exchange reducing noise and increasing speed. Unfortunately they have done nothing for the reliability of the connection still disconnects and router shows Internet reset.
Second OR engineer visit was pointless, tried to blame a burglar alarm cable - this wasn't a burglar alarm cable but the ADSL cable from my ADSL OR faceplate to the study. He disconnected this and now I have to have my router and telephone by the front door with power cables across the floor to plug sockets. All this with a four year old in the house. How safe is that?Huh
Another wasted week has passed and Plusnet c/s just are not taking the issues seriously, expecting me to make myself available week days for half day slots. They have had two of these already - do they not realise that people have jobs and limited amounts of annual leave they can take.
How plusnet have won any awards is beyond me.
I've been a customer for a long time, research suggests my problem might be a bad connection in the exchange which as it is expensive to change can take up to 12 months of problems to get changed. Research also shows my exchange is LLU and TalkTalk and Sky are other providers. I guess a LLU change will solve my bad connection, not interested in TalkTalk so guess that leaves Sky.
I'd rather not leave but do not feel like my issues are being taken seriously and this seems the only way to ensure a better service.
13 REPLIES 13
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Shocking service from Plusnet

Good luck with Sky, please let us know how it goes in case I decide to move.
semail

I forgot to add that the last OR engineer left his card and asked us to contact him direct if there were more problems. I rang and left two answer machine messages without reply, an enquiry discovered he went on holiday the next day for a week. Simply outstanding!!
NedLudd
Grafter

Good luck with Sky! I left them to come here after they refused to acknowledge that my line had a problem.
My speed suddenly dropped from c. 5meg to 3meg. All Sky kept saying was that 3meg was all my line would support.
I kept telling them that my line used to support 5meg but it was like peeing into the wind!
Geoff,
York.
Wulfy
Grafter

If theres a problem between your property and the cab then even if Buckingham Palace has LLU equipment in your exchange it will make 0 differance . And trying to lump BT/OR and plusnet into one bundle is pointless as previosuly stated plus.net have no extra privliges to being owned by BT due to those nice little laws regarding anti compertion.
The reason it takes 12 months is things like traffic assessment impact to those around you etc has to be done, i imagine a lot of people would be miffed if the main road is dug up willy nilly.
Regards
Chris
nw1456

I'm actually with Sky, on their SBVN, the service has been pretty good with fast and reliable connection/speeds. I thought their Customer services were rubbish until I recently tried to sign my daughter up to a Talk Talk package. We never got to be a customer due to the problems caused by their incompetent staff and their inability to solve the smallest issue. The issue was that someone arbitrarily decided to pull a random address out of their backside and use that as the installation address! Needless to say, massive confusion ensued.
I spent well in excess of 8 hours on the phone talking to idiots in India and the Philippines, some of whom could barely speak English. It was a nightmare, start to finish, I'd rather be without phone and internet than go through that again.
I've now signed her up with Plusnet and the difference is staggering (in a good way) Not gone live yet but all seems to be going smoothly. Fingers crossed!
x47c
Grafter

Quote from: Wulfy

The reason it takes 12 months is things like traffic assessment impact to those around you etc has to be done, i imagine a lot of people would be miffed if the main road is dug up willy nilly.
Regards
Chris

Indeed - you are no longer allowed just to crank up the traffic lights and get on with it.
You have to coordinate with the councils to see if other work is being be done in the area at the same time.
and the reason for all this extra aggro/admin/delay?
'cos we the public complained endlessly about road X being dug up by utility Y one day only for 1 week later for utilty Z to come and dig up exactly the same road
There are now penalties for overunnning works - so sometimes it can be cheaper to abandon the job if it goes wrong and fill it all back in and re-book the whole thing all over again in X months later than it is to continue to complete the job, overrun and end up paying penalties.
Well done the public - you wanted it: now face the consequences.
semail

The line between my house and the exchange has been changed. Reasonably new development so spare cables in place. They do not need to dig a hole the problem must be within the exchange.
Wulfy
Grafter

When youve been in networking i promise you its not always wise to jump to conclusions. Follow the issue procedures with PN let them do the job they seem pretty reasonable so im sure they will take the appropriate steps to get it resolved and everyone smiling again
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
Sorry to hear that you've had an on-going fault.
I've looked over the fault ticket and can see that you've had a stable connection since you last posted on here and that the fault is fixed.
If that's not the case then please reply to your fault ticket and we can investigate this further.
semail

To say the fault is fixed is a little rich, you haven't done anything to fix it!!
redsetter
Grafter

some developers installed these types,which have given problems and are now withdrawn.

bad quality internal wiring similar to bell wire will kill any connection.
semail

I've just got a normal master socket.
dick:quote
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I'll pass your fault ticket to our faults team so we can monitor your connection over the next few days as there's certainly been an improvement.