cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocked at the poor level of customer service

screemin187

Shocked at the poor level of customer service

I have been a plusnet customer for many years, in fact to my knowledge they have been my provider since broadband first became available in my area
I would just like to say that i am completely amazed at how poor customer service has become over the last few months
My broadband is dropping to 0.3mbps intermittently and although i have reported this a few times i thought i was making progress when on 17th August an advisor told me that he could see the actual problem and would finally get it highlighted to be repaired. He acknowledged that the team were taking up to 72hrs to check my line and by this time the fault wasn't always evident. However he could see what it was and would get it fixed. This was going to be a straightforward fix (I think his name was John)
Anyway, Still not repaired. Can't get through on the telephone as waiting times are horrendous
So start leaving a few comments on the facebook page and a message or two and i get a reply last Friday saying someone is working on my problem. I provide more details as requested and 3 days later no one has replied. I leave another message on facebook as no one is replying via the help and support on the plusnet website
Matt tells me that Adam is taking my case personal as he wants to get to the bottom of it himself. But Adam was off for a couple of days!! I was assured he would contact me today. Nothing
I'm just bewildered at how Plusnet got to where they are today and the lack of customer care. An advisor spotted my problem a fortnight ago and said it was a simple fix but now getting any further is like getting blood from a stone
My work pays for my broadband connection and i put in a request today to change provider
But please, at the last chance opportunity can someone please fix my problem. Don't send me one of those damn generic messages that everyone seems to get on facebook. TALK to me

3 REPLIES 3
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: Shocked at the poor level of customer service

have you actually raised a fault ticket?
screemin187

Yes on 17th August
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Hi,
Welcome to the forums, sorry to hear of your troubles.  If someone is working on the issue(s) have you checked here - https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search - in the ticket system in the user portal?  This is were responses to in-flight issues are usually posted - that is back to the user's account, particularly when a BTOR engineer visit is required.  You might by now need to check closed tickets too.
It you have a fault on the line, should you decide to change suppliers, the line fault will remain with you as all ISPs are dependent upon BTOR systems.  Though no excuse it none the less true that much of the current massive volume of the work load on the PN support desk is down to BTOR equipment issues and service delivery failures.  It is unfortunately a domino effect - as you have noted, you have had good service for years from PlusNet... what has changed is the marked decline in BTOR service delivery, especially in respect of FTTC roll out.  Lines are not performing to BTOR forecasts and ISPs are carrying the can for that in the form of over whelmed support systems.  PN has opened a new call centre this year and it looks like it is struggling to deal with the increased volume of support calls.
If you want help from forum members, please post the data requested in the speed issues thread at the top of this forum.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.