cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settings for TP-Link Router for Plusnet Fibre?

OZ
Grafter

Settings for TP-Link Router for Plusnet Fibre?

Hello.
Is there anyone who uses a TP-Link router successfully with their Plusnet Fibre connection?
If so, can you please inform me of all the required settings for a nice and stable connection?
Thanks.
10 REPLIES 10
GrahamClark
Dabbler

Re: Settings for TP-Link Router for Plusnet Fibre?

I have a TP-LINK TL-WDR3600 dual; band router connected to my FTTC 80/20. The only thing I did was to set the WAN connection to 'PPPoE/Russia PPPoE', set your plusnet userid & password and finally set 'connect automatically' on. All the other defaults e.g. MTU = 1480 should work ok.
You may have to setup security/ port forwarding etc. to your needs. I had to do some stuff for voip, wireless ( both 2.4 & 5GHZ),  add USB storage etc.
picbits
Rising Star

As above - exactly how mine is set up.
You may need to wait 5 minutes or so for the router to sync up for the first time but reboots are rapid after that Smiley
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

Ditto.
OZ
Grafter

Awesome. Thanks a lot!
cheshirepirate

Quote from: GrahamClark
I have a TP-LINK TL-WDR3600 dual; band router connected to my FTTC 80/20. The only thing I did was to set the WAN connection to 'PPPoE/Russia PPPoE', set your plusnet userid & password and finally set 'connect automatically' on. All the other defaults e.g. MTU = 1480 should work ok.
You may have to setup security/ port forwarding etc. to your needs. I had to do some stuff for voip, wireless ( both 2.4 & 5GHZ),  add USB storage etc.

Sorry for the NOOB question but can you anyone give a dummies guide for the above!
Thank you
OZ
Grafter

I've got the router up and running.
I got a question however. IP Gateway for the Plusnet router was 192.168.1.64
This one is 192.168.0.1
Does that matter?
Also, connection speed has lowered from 65 to 63 Sad Sad Sad
picbits
Rising Star

The connection speed seems to vary a bit each time you connect / disconnect. Mine is from 65Mb to 73Mb.
The subnet range shouldn't make any difference to you unless you have devices which you have assigned a static IP address to.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@cheshirepirate - I'm afraid that's not a router we're familiar with here, but hopefully one of our forum users here who is will be able to update you with one? Hope so.
@OZ - no, that shouldn't make a difference - it only relates to your internal network anyway, and will only be an issue if you've set a static IP for any of the machines on your network. As long as they're all still working there's nothing to worry about there.
el51

You might want to check the firewall as it was disabled by default on my TP-Link R460 (great router).
adam1240
Grafter

I've got the router anyone have slow internet well capped internet when they set up? i'm only getting <10MB (10mb is max) download should be getting 30 - 40MB...