cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settings for Android / Nexus One

wazmataz

Settings for Android / Nexus One

Hi,
I have just bought a Nexus One and am trying to setup my Plusnet email account using the mail application. The problem I'm having is when the application is trying to validate the outgoing mail server (relay.plus.net). I just get a message saying "Unable to open connection to server". I have searched high and low (on this community and Google) but unfortunately cannot find any information on how to get Plusnet email setup on Android.
The settings I am using are as follows:
Incoming server settings
Username: <username+mailbox>
Password: <password>
IMAP server: imap.plus.net
Port: 143
Security Type: None
IMAP path prefix: <left blank>
Outgoing server settings
SMTP server: relay.plus.net
Port: 25
Security type: none
Require sign-in: yes
Username: <username+mailbox>
Password: <password>
I have checked that the username and password are correct and have tried different combinations of "require sign-in" checked / unchecked and different "security types".
I was wondering if anyone has successfully managed to setup their Plusnet email account on any Android device using the mail application? If so, what settings did you use?
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: Settings for Android / Nexus One

The username for relay.plus.net is simply <accountname>  not <accountname+mailbox>
However, the error message seems to suggest you're not getting that far.  What mobile network are you currently using?
B.
wazmataz

Re: Settings for Android / Nexus One

I'm on O2. I used to have an iPhone with O2 and managed to send / receive mails through my Plusnet account fine. I have actually changed to a non-iPhone sim tariff though so maybe that could be causing the problem...?
Also, I tried just the accountname and it didn't like that either.