cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up another mailbox

richardquery

Setting up another mailbox

How to set up a mailbox on another computer, on same router, and same username but separate identity; ie:  xxxxx@username.f9.co.uk ????
8 REPLIES 8
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Setting up another mailbox

Have you created a new mailbox through Manage My Mail under Email Settings on the portal? That is the first step.
You may find http://www.plus.net/support/email/newemail.shtml?supporta=addaddress helpful - I think you want the Deliver to a new mailbox with its own login and password option.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
pierre_pierre
Grafter

you also want to set up message rules on each PC so that it only looks at its own messages, that is done via you mail message reader.
I currently do that using both Thunderbird and IAMP to vet  all messages before downloading, then OE one on my PC and one On SWMBO machine
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Oh and welcome to the Forum
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Quote from: pierre_pierre
you also want to set up message rules on each PC so that it only looks at its own messages, that is done via you mail message reader.

Not if he sets up a different mailbox and has each PC just reading it's own mailbox!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

thought that was what message rules are, as on Plus Net, in my case I have three different extensions to play with  @username.free-on-line.co.uk; @username.idps.cp.uk and @username.me.uk, if I use the prefix mr, they all go to the same mail box.  But if I use the prefix of peter and sue, the go to two different mail boxes via message rules on both OE and thunderbird
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I must admit that I have a few folders and mail boxes, I dont have a sue folder on my OE, but I do have on thunderbird, and my default doent download sue to my machine
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Quote from: pierre_pierre
thought that was what message rules are, as on Plus Net, in my case I have three different extensions to play with  @username.free-on-line.co.uk; @username.idps.cp.uk and @username.me.uk, if I use the prefix mr, they all go to the same mail box.  But if I use the prefix of peter and sue, the go to two different mail boxes via message rules on both OE and thunderbird

The OP asked about setting up xxxxx@username.f9.co.uk on another PC - please don't introduce totally un-necessary complications.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Pierre,
You are just confusing the issue.
The OP just wants to setup a separate mailbox which will be accessed from a different PC only.
There is no need to create message rules at all.
All you have is me@username.plus.com being picked up from the mailbox username+me on computer 1
and you have anotherme@username.plus.com being picked up from the mailbox username+anotherme on computer 2