cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up WDS on TG585V8

asepahpour

Setting up WDS on TG585V8

Help!
Been trying to get some support from the plus Net support team, but apparently they dont have access to this version of the router! only the V7. A**e and Elbow comes to mind.
Anyhow if anyone can help it would be appreciated.
According to support the V7 software has an option to configure WDS under the WLAN menu. Unfortunately this does not appear under my menu. Has anyone else got this problem?
I was wondering whether you need to be logged on a a specific user role. I am using the ADMIN user but can't see this as an option. Have even tried using Telent and WDS is not an option under wireless.
Any pointers would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Setting up WDS on TG585V8

Probably a silly question (and likely not possible) but could the V8 be flashed with V7 firmware?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

No it can't, the V7 and V8 mother boards are different architectures making the firmware versions completely different.
David
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

So the question, specifically, is whether the TG585V8 has WDS functionality, I assume that is referring to whether it can be set up as a repeater (or in a network with repeaters).
I must admit I do not know this router at all (as my earlier post demonstrates), sorry.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
james26
Grafter

Hi
Did you ever get this working? I done the same with two netgears dg834g and worked since 2006. But one of the netgear I think is make my line drop now so plus are sending me tg855v8 but it looks from what you say no wds!
Guess I might have to buy a new netgear (dgn2200) for n and wds if needed
James