cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Billion 7800DX(L)

Trailrider112

Setting up Billion 7800DX(L)

Can anybody point me to, or give me advice, on how to set-up a Billion 7800DX(L) router in place of my technicolor router.
3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Re: Setting up Billion 7800DX(L)

Looking at the manual for the easy setup ( EZSO ) , page 30 ) , you will need to enter your PlsuNet settings from here http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/broadband-connection-settings.shtml
Select WAN Interface to DSL
Layer2 Interface to ATM
In the WAN service settings
Select PPPoA
VPI/VCI from the settings link above
Enter your PlsuNet username/password as in link above
Set Encapsualtion mode to VCMUX
Disable IPV6
That should get you going.
Post back with any queries

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

godsell4
Rising Star

A search on this forum for the term 7800dxl shows many results, one of them may give you the answer you want.
I have a 7800dxl and can confirm it works fine on a PN connection.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Trailrider112

OK I eventually got round to setting up my Billion router.
With the router which came with my Plusnet contract I can see the Network map when I select "see full map" in the "Network and sharing centre" section of control panel.
Using my BiPAC 7800(N) I cannot see the map.
In windows control panel I have also checked in the "Local Area Connection Properties" and both "Link Layer Topology Discovery Mapper" & "Link Layer Discovery Responder" are ticked.
In the "Administrive Events Viewer" I get an Error "Session"Homegroup Log" failed to start etc...
Are there some settings in the Billion router, which I have not been able to find, which will allow network discovery.