cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Up Emails

scootie
Grafter

Re: Setting Up Emails

ive installed and had tinker and can confirm to leave email on server its spot on for the instructions  Anotherone gave.
Under >Tools>Accounts>Properties (the account of interest)>Advanced Tab There is a Delivery setting at the bottom where you can set it to 'Leave a copy of messages on server

you need to do this on both the laptop and desktop
looks like outlook and windows mail just with skins and avatars that pop when you have mail ect
just this one to sort now
The major problem, however is although i have configured the exact Tiscali email settings on my laptop as for the Desktop PC  i am unable to send or receive emails to and from the Tiscali Accounts to arrive in the laptop email inbox ; they still appear in the PC upstairs, wether it is on or off.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Well done guys, I'd arrived at a similar point. The last time I saw an Incredimail installation I recall there were a number of similarities with OE.
Ernest are you still able to send your Tiscali mail from the Desktop PC, ie. you've tried it recently and it still works?
Also, not just to satisfy curiosity, but it may have a bearing, could you go to http://usertools.plus.net/@gateway/ and tell us what it told you.
ernieg

Good morning everyone.
Well done Chris and everyone who contributed to my post.    Having carried out your instructions i now get  emails to both the Desktop PC and the laptop from the two Tiscali emails configured to" leave a copy of the message on the server" (5 days) on both computers.  Not only that but  my good lady can forward any other messages she thinks i would want  to see from the Tiscali 3rd Accounnt from the Desktop PC upstairs direct to my laptop, downstairs; brilliant  Smiley    If i leave the deletion period to 5-7 days will these emails be deleted automatically from my Inbox unless i place them in a folder?
We would very much like to be rid of the Tiscali 3rd Account but Tiscali will not allow us to cancel it!  It's the very first account set up when we were very new to computers and now carries a great deal of spam ( approx 30 a day)  which although i confine to my "Junk Box" is still  something we would rather not have coming into the PC.  Unfortunately it was our main account and we do receive good as well as bad emails but now i have the laptop i will have the time to gradually close down the usefulness of this email account and hopefully be able to delete it from our accounts list; but will this stop the emails coming into the PC?      Any other ideas would be most welcome?
One other point:      Is there an email "Alert" system available to inform me  of when answers to my  postings have arrived ?
The message i received from clicking onto your link is:
Which gateway
You are currently connected to the "Telehouse North, Juniper 6" gateway. This gateway is sometimes known as thn-ag1.

Once again thank you everyone for your time and patience on our behalf, you are to be congratulated for a extremely efficient, friendly and very helpful forum.
Kind regards,
Ernest

mal0z
Grafter

Glad to help Ernest,
Yes - the  email will be deleted automatically from the server after the period you selected, no further  action needed on your part.