cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up old router (Echolife hg250b) on plusnet

drift1998

Set up old router (Echolife hg250b) on plusnet

Hi,
I have a plusnet router and thought it was a good idea to have my old Echolife on the other end of the flat I live in as another connection and something to give our sky box internet via ethernet. After spending about 10 minutes trailing a long ADSL from our one functioning telephone port (the other one that's closer seems to be dead) and taping it down etc, I switch on the Echolife to find out it doesn't work- I've entered the stuff off the help page but it still doesn't have internet. I wonder what sort of settings I could be missing and have added a couple of photos of it's settings
6 REPLIES 6
apjashley1
Grafter

Re: Set up old router (Echolife hg250b) on plusnet

As in, both simultaneously? To get a better signal at the other end of the flat?
drift1998

Quote from: apjashley1
As in, both simultaneously? To get a better signal at the other end of the flat?

Yeah- not just for that but to have a wired connection to connect to my other sky box- have a homeplug kit for the other one. I tried to use it as a bridge a few months back but couldn't find any info on how to (it has a birdge mode but couldn't find info on how to get it to work) so thought would try it wired in via adsl when I added another filter for an extra phone. Having a stronger signal was just a perk I though would be nice.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

You can't connect 2 ADSL modems on the same line at the same time - to get the Echolife to connect you will have to disconnect the other one.
drift1998

Quote from: Jaggies
You can't connect 2 ADSL modems on the same line at the same time - to get the Echolife to connect you will have to disconnect the other one.

same line or same socket? If I could get my other phone socket to work would that help? If you read what I said disconnecting the plusnet router would be useless as a need it
drift1998

Does anybody know how to set this to bridge mode then? Last time nobody helped.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Does this Huawei Echolife HG532 Bridging topic provide any clues? Sorry, rather a lot of information there for me to quickly understand.
David