Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service outage since Friday afternoon

purenirvana
Dabbler

Service outage since Friday afternoon

Morning all,
I read with interest that there is a broadband service outage currently reported on the service status page, and yes I'm one of those customers affected by this. As I type my connection is down, and I only have Internet access through a rather poor "edge" connection on my iPad.
I also note with interest that the next update on this problem is due on Monday at 11am! Is this really considered acceptable customer service by plusnet? Is work still being carried out to restore service or is this only going to restart again on Monday too?
I have to say that I was with my previous broadband provider for four or five years and I never experienced a single service outage, but I've experienced three of four in about the same time with plusnet. Perhaps when I'm back online, it might be time to take a look at my previous provider's current broadband offers?
Is there anyone on here that can provide an update on the current broadband service issues? Oh, and yes, I've restarted my router, powered it down overnight and rebooted, all the usual stuff and all to no avail.
pn
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Service outage since Friday afternoon

which lights on the router are still red
purenirvana
Dabbler

Hi Oldjim,
It isn't the plusnet router. I'm not getting any connectivity to the exchange since the outage. I originally had up and downstream figures, but after a restart that has gone. It all started with the outage yesterday.
pn
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

It is always possible that it was a coincidence
Have you raised a fault at https://faults.plus.net or phoned in as call waiting times are now reasonable http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi purenirvana,
I can see that you've raised a fault with us. Our Faults Team will be back in touch within the next 24 hours.