cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service for referral

Rourkefamily
Grafter

Service for referral

Can someone let me know who to contact about service without waiting for ever on a phone? I was embarrassed to find out that my Father in law who I referred to Plusnet has been without service for two weeks. Plusnet said an engineer would come today which may cost £60. He did left the phone disconnect and will come back at some time and will cost £150.
5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Service for referral

I think I've found the account in question, however we're not going to be able to give you much detail as you're not an authorised user on the account. If you want to get added as one, you'd need the account holder to create a ticket asking for you to be able to discuss the account.
Having said that, I can give general information without breaking DPA.
The fault was that the line dropped connection regularly, since the engineer the line has been connected solidly for over 15 hours.
Plusnet said an engineer would come today which may cost £60.

The only time we'd charge for this is if the fault was proved to be caused by the internal setup or wiring, the tests we ask people to go through before reporting a fault are designed to rule out these issues.
He did left the phone disconnect and will come back at some time and will cost £150.

Is the phone still disconnected? As mentioned the broadband is on. Also who mentioned the £150 charge?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Quote from: Chris
Having said that, I can give general information with [without] breaking DPA.

Chris,
Off topic, but!!  How refreshing to see positive reference to DPA without using it as a reason for not helping.  Sadly all too often DPA is used as a foil not to be helpful, when help could be provided without the divulgence of DPA protected information.  There are lots of Internet users out there who have little idea of how to deal with service supply issues (especially the more technical ones) and therefore need assistance from someone else more able.  Even the process of requesting that assistant be 'authorised' can be daunting, let alone time consuming.
This is one of the most helpful responses I have seen from PN in respect of a 3rd party's issue - could this become SOP for the support channel in general please?
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've been pushing for us to be able to give more general help on faults and similar issues. Anything where there is personal or sensitive data, then obviously not but faults and similar is something I'd like us to be able to comment more on.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
James
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
I've been pushing for us to be able to give more general help on faults and similar issues. Anything where there is personal or sensitive data, then obviously not but faults and similar is something I'd like us to be able to comment more on.

We do plan on doing this in the future, but due to potential data security risks, our staff will need a fair chunk of training so that they are comfortable with what they can and cannot say to someone who does not have access to the account.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

James,
This is a bold, sensible and welcomed step forward which will enable those of us who have referrals experiencing difficulty to render direct assistance without the necessity to be fully authorised on the referee's account, which could be more privilege that is appropriate.  Is there a time scale for this please?
Must stop this hi-jack of the OP's thread - my original comment was simply to say "well done" to Chris!
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.