cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Status - Score Plusnet: 0 BT: 1 for reporting Maj Svc Outage

patentspending
Hooked

Service Status - Score Plusnet: 0 BT: 1 for reporting Maj Svc Outage

Lost my Broadband yesterday evening in Oakley Bedfordshire area. checked Plusnet Service status (Summary & Detailed Query) which revealed nothing. Sat on phone for 20 mins being told how busy everyone is. Agent checked line and immediately identfied there was a fault and then explained the following:

Your premises are part of a circuit effected by an Openreach Major Service Outage (MSO). Engineering work will be carried out in your area that will effect your services. Please allow 12 hours for the work to be complete as depending on the complexity and amount of work carried out your services may resume sooner than or after this point.

I asked why this had not appeared on Plusnet Service status esp as declared an MSO. He said he didnt know why. Service is still down and I am having to resort to using the BT status page which is detailing the fault/status. From a customer standpoint I do not want to have to keep checking status with Plusnet; sitting in queue's to be told its still an issue. Its a case of managing expectations. Why can BT do this but not Plusnet bearing in mind its a "known issue" and Plusnet being a BT group company?

This surely does not help Plusnet, clogging up lines and hacking off customers. Is it possible to offer service notices as a "push" instead to mobile numbers or via an App perhaps. Power outages often supply push notifications to phones.

1 REPLY 1
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Service Status - Score Plusnet: 0 BT: 1 for reporting Maj Svc Outage

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine