Did you mean: 

Service Information

robalb
Grafter

Service Information

I have found this notice coming up a number of times
BY Wholesale
SERVICE INFORMATION

You have been connected to this page due to one of the following reasons. You must now shut down your browser and Internet applications before attempting to reconnect.
The BTWholesale access circuit to your Service Provider is currently down.
Your service should be resumed soon.
It is very annoying as it interrupts my work - I wonder whether others have experience it.
dick:red All caps title edited as per forum rule.
26 REPLIES 26
robalb
Grafter

Re: Service Information

What is really strange about this message is that it doesn't not apply to all sites - so strangely I can access the main PlusNet site but then at time same time try the PlusNet Community site and get the BT Wholesale message. In general some sites the message comes up and on others it doesn't. Appears to no no rhyme or reason.
(Sorry about the caps in the original message - too eager to post)
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I'd certainly ignore the shut your browser and Internet applications instruction for now, but as the message says for some reason you aren't connecting to the Plusnet Gateways at that time.
What modem/router are you using? I assume all the relevant lights are correctly lit when this is going on?
When you next get the BT page, try http://usertools.plus.net/@gateway/ in a new tab and see what you get.
If you aren't on a static IP address, check your IP address as well. Do both when you start using the Internet and immediately after you see a BT page. Or at anytime you feel like it.
Don't post the current IP address just make a note of both. This so we can check if you are having a PPP session drop if they are changing (note the time when this happens as well).
robalb
Grafter

The full message can be found at http://62.6.38.125/index.html
I am probably connected to the PlusNet gateway as when it happens as I say some sites can be accessed whilst others cannot. The most recent event I was able to access google.co.uk but not google.com At the time I was connected to 'You are currently connected to gateway ptn-bng01'
The latter part of the BT message says
Your Service Provider is currently unable to accept your connection request please wait until service is restored or contact your Service Provider for further information.
So I imagine that as I am connected on ADSL and as I have a gateway connection the problem lies between PlusNet and BT
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi robalb,
This is normally on a page you would see in rare instances so it is a little intriguing that you're seeing this intermittently.
The page is displayed when you hit the BT equipment at the exchange however the connection isn't able to progress past this point. The most common sighting of this is normally due to maintenance work being carried out at your local exchange so I guess the first question is, have you see any engineers milling around the exchange or close by?
robalb
Grafter

It has happened on about three occasions today so far. It appears to last for about five minutes or so at at time. Although it is hard to tell as some sites I can access e.g. www.plus.net not possible just now, about 22.10, whilst community.plus.net accessible. Similarly google.com not possible bing.com possible.
I do not know what my exchange looks like so wouldn't know if engineers messing around. Nearer to home not much evidence of engineers.
It is very annoying though.
Anotherone
Champion

That's the standard IP address for that page robalb. Hmm a bng gateway, that may have a bearing on the problem.
Are you on 20CN or 21CN? If 20CN is your exchange due for an upgrade - BDUK or otherwise?
robalb
Grafter

I think the exchange, UPPER HOLLOWAY,  was upgraded sometime ago, probably in January - it is
ADSL
ADSL MAX
SDSL
21CN WBC
FTTC
Anotherone
Champion

Is your Cab live with an FTTC one nearby? I was thinking about the possibility of upgrade work going on, but they might still be doing major work for some reason.  Stick you phone number in here. That'll tell you which Cab you are on. If you know/find where it is, you can see if Openreach are doing any work there.
robalb
Grafter

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html.>
Ironically the link to BT wholesale is down for maintenance.
Anyway the FTTC box I believe became operational sometime early last year and I haven't seen any activity around it recently.
robalb
Grafter

Well it hasn't stopped and I am still getting this notice from BT Wholesale. It is really annoying and disruptive and I have just raised a ticket. Hope that something can be done.
Anotherone
Champion

Post the ticket number on here, it'll help the CRT team to find it. What DNS settings are you using?
This always happens when you try to get on the Community site - is it happen9ing with other sites?
robalb
Grafter

Ticket number 92932105
The sites it affects is quite random as far as I can tell. For example today it would not let me onto the local council library database but would let me onto the local council web site. It would let me onto google but not google maps - there appears to be no rhyme or reason to which sites become temporarily blocked. The next time it happens sites which couldn't be accessed can be others cannot. It is very strange.
DNS was set as 'Get Dynamically from ISP'
However I have just changed them to manual PlusNet settings to see if that makes any difference.
rd8001

I also had the BT Wholesale message this morning. It was when PlusNet was down again. It was down in Suffolk for several hours this morning and was also down last night for several hours. As far as I can make out the message is trying to tell users they don't have a problem at their end - it's PlusNet which has the problem!
I just ignored the message as it was clear from my router there was no connection problem at my end. I'm connected to the internet but PlustNet has been unable to connect me to the BT system.
I regret switching to PlusNet a few months ago and was on holiday when the price increase was announced and offered the chance to cancel my new contract. I will cancel at the earliest opportunity and NEVER use PlusNet again.
'We'll do you proud' - But when ?
robalb
Grafter

I have just received a somewhat lame answer to my ticket with the suggestion that I check my login and password. This ignores the fact that I have maintained a connection whenever the message has occurred and also been able to access sites which others are blocked.
One can sometime despair  Sad