cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server failure

Squib
Dabbler

Server failure

The last couple of days I have had a lot of messages on my iPad "safari can't connect because the server is down" . I think there is a problem in the network , any thoughts.

12 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 159

Re: Server failure

We're seeing a few disconnections on your line:

Your line is also connecting at a lower speed that I'd expect.

Can you run through the troubleshooting here and let us know how you get on:

http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/bbfaults/

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Squib
Dabbler

I have run through all those tests , nothing's changed. I am getting "server stopped responding " too many times. The problem is in the network.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 32

If you can report a fault online and as the next step, then drop me a reply back here I'll make sure we follow things up for you: http://faults.plus.net

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Squib
Dabbler

The only way to prove my problem is , if I could get someone to mirror my transactions on the internet whilst it is happening. I still say the problem is with the server in the network.

Squib
Dabbler

Chris , do me a favour and test the speed I am getting , the line has been stable for the past 3 days.

please could you explain to me why you think the speed will increase when the line has been stable for 3 days, I don't get it !

Cagney1994
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I agree. It's certainly possible it could be a PN server issue. Similar thing happens to me now and again and I just change servers (either to Google's or Open DNS) and everythings fine.

I just wish PN would admit it when it's a problem at their end.

Squib
Dabbler

Monday morning , again no network , server not responding. The only way I can get it to work is disconnecting , so that the broadband resets itself, I am getting increasingly fed up with Plusnet reaction to my problems. I am paying for a service that I am not receiving.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We're still seeing a lot of disconnections on your line, I can see you've reported a fault and when we tested it pointed towards a possible issue on the phone line itself and is showing a 'loop condition'. This is often causing by internal equipment.

If you've ruled out your internal equipment, the next step is for an engineer visit, I can see we've asked for this on the fault ticket.

Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Squib
Dabbler

Air there was a loop on the line the phone wouldn't work , but it does work.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Testing identified that there may be a loop condition, the next step is an engineer to investigate.

Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Squib
Dabbler

Unfortunately I note with some concern, on the morning before I have an engineer coming to test my line , my broadband is suddenly working at twice the speed it normally works at. What do OPENREACH do , which they don't normally do , to get my broadband to where it should be Huh

Squib
Dabbler

Message for Chris the Gaffer or anyone else who can do it , please could you send me the graph of my line disconnections for Thursday the 10th November, I am most interested in the period from 12 midday to 14.00 in the afternoon. I think we had a disconnection around 12.45 , would I be correct ? If I am we still have a problem with our line.