cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server failure

Squib
Grafter

Server failure

The last couple of days I have had a lot of messages on my iPad "safari can't connect because the server is down" . I think there is a problem in the network , any thoughts.

12 REPLIES 12
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Server failure

We're seeing a few disconnections on your line:

Your line is also connecting at a lower speed that I'd expect.

Can you run through the troubleshooting here and let us know how you get on:

http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/bbfaults/

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Squib
Grafter

I have run through all those tests , nothing's changed. I am getting "server stopped responding " too many times. The problem is in the network.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

If you can report a fault online and as the next step, then drop me a reply back here I'll make sure we follow things up for you: http://faults.plus.net

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Squib
Grafter

The only way to prove my problem is , if I could get someone to mirror my transactions on the internet whilst it is happening. I still say the problem is with the server in the network.

Squib
Grafter

Chris , do me a favour and test the speed I am getting , the line has been stable for the past 3 days.

please could you explain to me why you think the speed will increase when the line has been stable for 3 days, I don't get it !

Cagney1994
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

I agree. It's certainly possible it could be a PN server issue. Similar thing happens to me now and again and I just change servers (either to Google's or Open DNS) and everythings fine.

I just wish PN would admit it when it's a problem at their end.

Squib
Grafter

Monday morning , again no network , server not responding. The only way I can get it to work is disconnecting , so that the broadband resets itself, I am getting increasingly fed up with Plusnet reaction to my problems. I am paying for a service that I am not receiving.

Chris
Legend

We're still seeing a lot of disconnections on your line, I can see you've reported a fault and when we tested it pointed towards a possible issue on the phone line itself and is showing a 'loop condition'. This is often causing by internal equipment.

If you've ruled out your internal equipment, the next step is for an engineer visit, I can see we've asked for this on the fault ticket.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Squib
Grafter

Air there was a loop on the line the phone wouldn't work , but it does work.

Chris
Legend

Testing identified that there may be a loop condition, the next step is an engineer to investigate.

Squib
Grafter

Unfortunately I note with some concern, on the morning before I have an engineer coming to test my line , my broadband is suddenly working at twice the speed it normally works at. What do OPENREACH do , which they don't normally do , to get my broadband to where it should be Huh

Squib
Grafter

Message for Chris the Gaffer or anyone else who can do it , please could you send me the graph of my line disconnections for Thursday the 10th November, I am most interested in the period from 12 midday to 14.00 in the afternoon. I think we had a disconnection around 12.45 , would I be correct ? If I am we still have a problem with our line.