cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious connection issues

Finguz
Grafter

Serious connection issues

It just took 6 reconnect attempts to get any kind of throughput whatsoever.....
I normally download at 7.5MB/s and upload just over 2 with ping around 21.
At around 5:45 my connection just stopped, there was zero throughput although it was still connected. Several hops yielded exactly the same, zero throughput. I rebooted the modem, and got zero throughput, then after some more disconnects and reconnects of my router I achieved the above connection.

Te initial block of red on the bqm was when i turned off 'respond to ping' earlier on, before re-enabling it.
I sincerely hope this isn't going to be happening with any regularity  Angry
23 REPLIES 23
Finguz
Grafter

Re: Serious connection issues

Another hop...onto ptw-ag03

Download all over the place plus comedy latency  Roll_eyes
Finguz
Grafter

Finally, on hop number 8, normality returns....
englishrick
Grafter

Im now onto my 6th gateway hop and speeds are still c*ap... Getting at least half of what i normally get down to 25-30mb normally 65mb
Finguz
Grafter

When you hop, do you ever get errors from the router saying 'connection not available' or 'cannot connect to concentrator' e.t.c?
I had several of those this evening.
englishrick
Grafter

This is a bloody joke this is!!!!!!! I have now spent the last 30mins trying to get something decent with low pings to get a decent game without lag and not a chance... I WANT OUT OF THIS JOKE OF A COMPANY....
englishrick
Grafter

Quote from: Finguz
When you hop, do you ever get errors from the router saying 'connection not available or 'cannot connect to concentrator' e.t.c?
I had several of those this evening.

The last time i disconnect and reconnect again after about 30 seconds my router said i was still disconnected even though i wasnt
Finguz
Grafter

Hmm, I haven't had problems like this for a long, long time, and I've never had anything like this where the ISP don't seem to know what the cause is.

englishrick
Grafter

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Well here is the proof of this CRAP!!!!!!
englishrick
Grafter

IS THIS ACCEPATABLE FOR FIBRE .........I DONT THINK SO!!!!
KevinA
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I'd keep gateway hopping till you find a faster one..  I've been on the same one for several days now with no problems.. Although it is the same gateway I was having problem with on Tuesday..
englishrick
Grafter

Got better things to do than spend all night gateway hopping......and I SHALL be contacting Citizen Advice tomorrow to see where I stand on this SUB STANDARD service I am receiving..
dick:quote
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi englishrick,
Sorry to see that you've been having these slowdowns, I'm going to get your line looked into further with one of my faults colleagues and we'll update your fault ticket.
englishrick
Grafter

Nothing wrong with my line!!!!!! Peak time issues... I was getting speed tests of 77mb when I was first connected and then I changed cable and btw ip profile was reduced and I max that out off peak.. So you can increase my profile on PN again as well.. Changing back to original cable later as one of your colleagues says that's why btw reduced my profile due to it being faulty
dick:quote
Finguz
Grafter

And my slowdowns/latency?  Sad