cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seperate Mailboxes for individual domains

Adam1V
Grafter

Seperate Mailboxes for individual domains

I still cant believe that this isnt possible yet.
We currently have 3/4 domains hosted with Force9 but no way of creating a mailbox specific to a domain.
Is there any news on this?
[Moderator's note by Daniel (Assos): Moved to community support, the ideas, wishlists and suggestions forum is for idea about the community site only.]
6 REPLIES 6
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Seperate Mailboxes for individual domains

This has been a request for many years but I'm not aware of any plans to do this any time soon.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Which is a total pain with the new free hosted domain due to spam.
All I want is to be able to change my email addresses from name@oldaccount to name@newaccount and get rid of the vast majority of the spam but no I now have to create newname@newaccount.
Makes me seriously think about shifting the new free account to 1and1 and then get all my emails shifted to there (I already have a web hosting account with them so it would cost very little extra).
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: Adam1V
I still cant believe that this isnt possible yet.
We currently have 3/4 domains hosted with Force9 but no way of creating a mailbox specific to a domain.
Is there any news on this?
[Moderator's note by Daniel (Assos): Moved to community support, the ideas, wishlists and suggestions forum is for idea about the community site only.]

I have 2 domains with F9
my mrs pays monthly for her www.domain.com ; address /account
I get mine www.domain.co.uk address via a F9 payg account and I  piggy back her account for the web and to get my e-mail. 
we have 3 computers and we can get both of our e-mails separately instead of all at once on which ever computer we use at the time.
Would this setup help you?
Puddy
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

No it would not.
In your case I assume you have 2 different mailbox names. What the OP needs is a separate mailbox for say info@domain1.com and a separate mailbox for info@domain2.com. What PN currently have is a single mailbox info@username.plus.com where mail addressed to info at either domain ends up - i.e. they all end up in a single mailbox.
Adam1V
Grafter

^^ pretty much as above.
We have 3 domains and would like an info for each domain, which is possible, but it can only go to the same person  Undecided
alkatraz
Dabbler

The unfortunate answer is to vote with your feet. PlusNet's domain name system has always been fairly abysmal and I'm shocked that this issue has never been addressed. I believe that the reason is due to how the mailserver delivers mail and obviously this is not something that's easy to change, but given the number times PN have had a complete e-mail overhaul recently, this type of change to the server config could have easily been implemented then.