cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self activating firewall 585; was previously disabled.

AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Self activating firewall 585; was previously disabled.

I just had some weird action on my  PN TG585 v8 router.
I was just reviewing the MAC codes accessing the router when I suddenly lost contact with it. I tried power cycle rebooting a couple of times to no avail.
Within my config I have a no-nat set up with 8 static IP addresses (5 usable). For the sake of simplicity I've turned the 585 firewall off; there is a separate firewall behind the router.
Normally if I address the static IP address code assigned to the router I get the Thomson control pages appear.  In this event I was no longer able to address the pages.
After some investigation of options I plugged a laptop directly into one of the LAN ports on the 585 and used the address of 192.168.1.254 on a web browser as a last attempt before trying a factory reset to resolve the problem. I was able to connect using the 254 address. When I checked the static IP addresses configuration I was able to find that nothing had changed; the router (585) was still configured as No-NAT. I eventually realised that the 585 firewall had somehow become enabled. Checking the event log it showed that firewall rules had been created (but not by me).
When I manually disabled the (585) firewall I was able to start using the static IP addresses again. Odd but now working.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.