cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seemingly good downstream SNR

biggles
Dabbler

Seemingly good downstream SNR

I migrated a few weeks ago, and initially I was getting sync at 7500+. I'm down to about 5100 and have been for a couple of weeks. My atten=45 dB, and downstream SNR seems to be locked and pretty stable at 15 dB.
Should I expect a better sync speed?
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Seemingly good downstream SNR

The reason you are on a 15dB noise margin is that either the line was unstable or had very high error rates.
If the line speed isn't a concern then you could ignore it. If you really want the speeds back up then it will be necessary to find out where the problem is.
To take it further it will really be necessary to monitor the noise margin and errors to see what happens over night. If you can advise which router you have it may be possible to suggest some monitoring software
biggles
Dabbler

I've got a Netgear DG834G (V2). I've been running RouterStats for the last few days, and haven't seen any problems - sync speed and SNR look pretty stable.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

As a check you could raise a ticket asking for details of the various IPprofiles as received from BT since you migrated
Does routerstats give you the option of reducing the noise margin with your router
biggles
Dabbler

no, RouterStats is read-only with my router version.
I've raised a ticket...
Thanks