cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seem to be having a weird problem

St3althM4ster
Grafter

Seem to be having a weird problem

Hi i seem to be having a weird problem if i go on any site i get 2/3sec of packet loss then the site will load, and when im on teamspeak it will disconnect me as im getting 2/3sec of packet loss, ive looked at my ping graph there no sign of packet loss on it ive even tired gateway hopping but still doing it any ideas? also im on wireless has been fine since i been using wireless for last2 years or so only started happening today mobile on wireless has same issue too ive changed wireless channcel too
3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: Seem to be having a weird problem

Does this happen when accessing any website?
Try doing a tracert to a web address which is giving you problems.  Look for delays in displaying the result rows.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

St3althM4ster
Grafter

Seems fine now maybe just a bleep
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Yup, I think my suspicion might have been correct -variable performance of the DNS servers.  There were problems over the weekend.  These issues can cause pauses when resolving web addresses to IP addresses... Which rather sounds like what you seemed to describe.
Good that your perception of a problem has gone away.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.