cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second request: please uncap my upload

myredhotcar
Grafter

Second request: please uncap my upload

Further to this request http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,119868.msg1047745.html#msg1047745 which appears to have been totally ignored, please can my upload be uncapped, and out of idle curiosity can I please see my Visual Radius graphs* EDIT
Thanks!
* EDIT I have found a copy of my VR graphs in a message responding to the fault I raised

If my upload is uncapped is this free or does it cost me?
13 REPLIES 13
myredhotcar
Grafter

Re: Second request: please uncap my upload/Visual Radius graphs

Bumping this request as currently uploading to DropBox (max 44.5kbps) and the internet is completely unusable while doing so.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Second request: please uncap my upload

Don't bump - it won't be picked up until Monday
Raise a ticket  https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22883&wizard_id=38
The reason your previous request wasn't picked up is that it was one line in the middle of a thread - Plusnet staff can't read every post
I assume the speed you are referring to is actually kbytes per sec not kbits per sec
myredhotcar
Grafter

Hi oldjim
Yep: kB/Sec, sorry about that.
I've been told by a member of staff that they are monitoring my thread at http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,119868.0.html so was a little surprised that my request hasn't already been picked up on. For this reason - and the fact that it takes an age for tickets to be picked up on (and clogs up the ticket system) - I would rather not raise another ticket. It isn't the first request in that thread that has failed to be noticed either. My worry is that if the thread falls too low it won't be picked up on at all. Again.
Once this has been answered please feel free to lock/delete/whatever it as I am uneasy having two threads open as it is and would rather it was all dealt with on my other thread.
My problems are a month old now so please excuse my impatience.
tonycollinet
Grafter

The forums are only an unofficial support mechanism, and are far from guaranteed. If you wan't something to be picked up without risk of being missed, use the tickets. That is what they are for.
Simples.
myredhotcar
Grafter

Thanks for the insight but I will stick with the forums as my only experience of the ticket system has been bad.
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Without your router doing some sort of QoS, maxing out your upload, capped or uncapped, is likely to impact your ability to do anything else at the same time.
myredhotcar
Grafter

Hello ejs
I suppose the answer with regard to DropBox would be to restrict upload bandwidth through the UI but I expected a little more bandwidth to play with. I'll see if my upload can be uncapped and work out what I have before restricting. Right now I've paused syncing as there are some large files that I already have backed up so I can afford to wait a little while.
Would you happen to know whether uncapped upload is free or chargeable?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If you are on 21CN then it is free otherwise expensive
myredhotcar
Grafter

Hello oldjim
Thanks for the help there. It appears I am 21CN:

But if I have made a mistake there and there is a charge I think I will learn to live with the capped upload. Being a skinflint and all.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm taking a look at this now
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Order placed, due to complete tomorrow.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
myredhotcar
Grafter

Hi Chris
Brilliant stuff, much appreciated.
Cheers Smiley
myredhotcar
Grafter

Thanks again Chris, DropBox is far more usable. My upload speed has almost doubled: