Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samknow white box

PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Samknow white box

Gigabit is WDR3600ND, I believe the 100Mb is the WR741ND.
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

They previously used the TL-WR1043ND for Gigabit (2.4GHz only on Wi-Fi), I guess this has been replaced by the Dual Band WDR3600ND.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Wow they look smart!
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
shalom2010
Grafter

@JamieDanjoux Much nicer than the 582n!
njay
Grafter

Its just a shame that they can't fully replace the 582n's duties (despite having all the tech to do so) therefore not needing 3 boxes on all the time as the wdr3600 was even one of the routers I was considering.
Ended up buying an Asus n66u so doesn't seem right attaching yet another gigabit router onto the back of it even though it would be nice to get all the stats Smiley

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Will go to the sorting office tonight to pick up. Will let yous know what it's like!
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Just got in, and the model I have received is the WDR3600.  It is way too big to be a router! The wife wasn't happy how it crowded the hallway cabinet so I drilled a hole in the wooden cabinet and is sitting nicely on a shelf in the cab.  I also put my openreach modem in there and messy cables!
I kept the hub 3 on the outside otherwise the wireless wouldn't be great obviously.
Jamie. 
shalom2010
Grafter

Great Jamie - you should get the login email within a few hours
30FTTC06
Pro

@JamieDanjoux very nice, 2 years and you can use it as a router.
Mine is all up and running now, it appears to need port 53 to work properly.
@shalom2010 my widgets go back to 4 wehen i login again, i have cookies dissabled etc though!
Look at me ping now i put that box in  Cheesy

Grin
shalom2010
Grafter

Well my cookies are enabled, so I've no idea why the widgets won't change as they are supposed to. I'll drop a message too SamKnows & report the reply on this thread.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

How did you unlock the Whitebox or should i say blackbox? Would like to know! I am not planning to do this :?
NedLudd
Grafter

[quote="SamKnows"]Thank you for contacting SamKnows about the dashboard.
We are aware of this problem on the dashboard, thank you very much for your feedback. I've got good news and bad news about this particular issue. The good news is that we are currently working on bringing out a new version of the dashboard which won't have any of the issues that we have with the old system. The bad news is that since we are working very hard on bringing out the new version as soon as possible, I'm afraid we won't be making any further updates to the current system, as all resources are being devoted to building the new system.
I understand it is a bit of an inconvenience for now, but if you could bear with us, we are hoping to get the new version finished and released as soon as we can, and it won't have any issues with remembering widgets, etc.

This is the response I received on enquiring about the widgets!
Geoff,
York.
shalom2010
Grafter

Thanks Geoff
30FTTC06
Pro

Cheers for the info Geoff
Thanks for your help all, i think this is a great tool to have you can drill down in great detail with figures and graphs, Exellent!