cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samknow white box

Bjn
Grafter

Samknow white box

Anyone running a white box on their line supplied by SamKnow as part of the European broadband speed tests.
Mine arrived today set it up as per instructions everything working fine on my wireless/wired side after install of white box.I was just wondering when/how you get your user/pass to access your line stats from the white box.
133 REPLIES 133
chuckster
Grafter

Re: Samknow white box

I'm curious about this little white box too.. Been thinking about signing up and after reading what it's all about it sounds quite interesting.  Am wondering though, are PlusNet one of the parties that benefit from these statistics or do you have any access to the data that is generated?
I know there's a few people already on here that have these devices.  How many on here have benefitted from having them in one way or another and what do you consider their best feature to be?
Sorry Bjn, can't answer your question personally but by all accounts, according to the site FAQ , SamKnows should have sent you some login details.
C.
Bjn
Grafter

Quote from: chuckster

Sorry Bjn, can't answer your question personally but by all accounts, according to the site FAQ , SamKnows should have sent you some login details.
C.

Many thanks for the info just been to Sam Knows site and found a contact us section so sent off email requesting a user/pass. Would still be interested if anyone who's been running a white box for sometime could give some light on what stats you have access to on your on line report?
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you signed up, you gave an email address.
Try to login, then get a password reminder emailed to you from the login page.
Additionally, My login details arrived by email next day once I had powered up the Whitebox and connected it all up.
Not needed, as I had logged in by then.

A sample of the main Dashboard page   ⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇
More detailed info on LHS Menu
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

A timely thread. I have to collect mine from the Post Office on Monday morning.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bjn
Grafter

Quote from: PlusComUK
When you signed up, you gave an email address.
Try to login, then get a password reminder emailed to you from the login page.
Additionally, My login details arrived by email next day once I had powered up the Whitebox and connected it all up.
Not needed, as I had logged in by then.

Thanks PlusComUK, your a very cunning person never thought of the forgot password, but it works and now can access my results page. Not much to see as only been connected for a few hours but at least I know the equipment is working as It has records of my upload and download speeds that are the same as my test on BT speed tester.
Thanks for your help this looks like it could be a bit of useful kit.

DuncanM
Grafter

I have had my whitebox connected for a week.
I thought it was strange that there were no details in the set up instructions as to what it actually did and how you could see the results.
Within a couple of hours of plugging it in though you get an email with your access details (user name and password) and a link to the website. It wouldnt hurt for Samknows to put a line at the end of the set up instruction sheet informing users that this is the case. It would save them getting a lot of emails when users are connecting it.
chuckster
Grafter

Mine arrived today (well, actually was on Monday but as no-one was in it was held at the Sorting Office until I could collect).  All plugged in and waiting for the details to be mailed to me.
Shame it's arrived after the whole peak-time latency thing seems to have been bottomed out but hopefully there's be lots of juicy info going forwards.
apjashley1
Grafter

Yes, when the latency problem was at its peak, you could see exactly what times your connection was slow and when it sped up again - very useful piece of hardware Smiley
NedLudd
Grafter

Just signed up for it!  Smiley
Geoff,
York.
chuckster
Grafter

Forgot to say too.. my Whitebox is black..  Wink
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long does it take for SamKnows to send out a whitebox after requesting one ?
I signed up as a volunteer months ago, and haven't even received an acknowledgement to signing up !  Sad
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

I got an email within 24 hours of signing up accepting/welcoming me as a volunteer, then the white box turned up about 10 days after that.
shalom2010
Grafter

It does say "Please note that not everyone who registers here will necessarily receive a SamKnows Whitebox - we do however thank all of you for helping to make European broadband better", so that could be the reason. I
signed up in December, again not heard a thing (https://www.samknows.eu/)