Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samjee - speed problem

samjee

Samjee - speed problem

Hi,
A new customer here and my broadband has been activated today,
Just left my router plugged in and waited for the green flashing adsl light to come on which I noticed when I came in from work tonight but noticed it was only connected at .5mb and was dropping constantly,
Fixed the problem by putting a filter on the upstairs phone which was causing the line to drop all the time,
It seems table now and is syncing at around 3mb but my profile seems stuck at 0.125 making the connection almost impossible to use,
Any chance my profile can be upped on here or will I have to ring the call centre,
Thanks, Sam
jim:green Post split off and title changed for better visibility mod:end
2 REPLIES 2
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: IP Profile - 88.2% method

Can you run the BT speedtester http://speedtester.bt.com/
If the profile there is low then I think you are stuck waiting for the automatic systems to do their bit.
If it has risen to a sensible number then either a phone call or wait for a member of staff here.
If you call you will need to explain that you want the Plusnet profile increased to match the BT profile
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Samjee - speed problem

Hi samjee,
Your connection needs to be stable without any drops for on average 72 hours for the profile to lift. The reason it lowered is because the connection was dropping.  At the moment your connection has been up 7 hours.
Jojo Smiley