cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same old slowdowns

Warrinja
Dabbler

Same old slowdowns

Hi there, I've been a plusnet user for nearly 3 years probably more by now, but since the very start of my time with plusnet we've experienced slow speeds, frequent cut-outs of the service altogether, when I'm not working im usually gaming, when my internet actualy allows anyway, i frequently get disconnected from the internet, skype calls constantly become so garbled with the bad connection and when ever theres more than 1 person trying to use the internet it becomes almost impossible to do anything at all.
I've checked the router settings several times, and have called technical support a few times, but nothing has helped...getting rather frustrated with my service now and am considering moving to a different supplier, anything at all that can be done?
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Same old slowdowns

Hi there and sorry to read about the problems with your connection.
I've checked your account and run some diagnostic checks and can't see an obvious cause for this I'm afraid.
I'm going to advise raising a fault as soon as you can over at http://faults.plus.net and I'm sure we can get this sorted.
getting rather frustrated with my service now and am considering moving to a different supplier, anything at all that can be done?

Without wanting to sound cliched we understand such problems can be frustrating but genuinely want to assure you that moving to another provider most likely would just result in being with a new provider with the same issue but as mentioned I'm confident we can get this sorted.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Warrinja
Dabbler

Thanks for the response, and I'm sure you're tired of hearing grumpy people demanding their problems be fixed, so sorry if I sound a bit like an oncoming headache for the support team, it seems to primarily be when theres more than one person trying to use the internet at the same time, and it becomes entirely unusable when my younger brother decides to use netflix, so I'm just wondering if its maybe the router itself causing the problem?
Thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No worries Warrinja, Over the years I've seen dismay due to connection issues expressed in many different ways and get how it can impact on you.
Best thing to do if you suspect the router might be an issue is to try another if you're able to get your hands on one. I'd definitely advise that if things move toward an engineer visit too.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team