cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safeguard still not working

Oli1

Safeguard still not working

Hi,

My safeguard has not been working for at least a month now. Any time I try to switch it on via the control panel I get the error 'Sorry we have a problem and currently can't save your changes, please try again later'.

I've spoken to advisors (around 2 weeks ago) and have been informed that this is an urgent issue that has affected other accounts and will be fixed. Is there any further update on when this will be fixed?

Oli

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
bigshineybike
Dabbler

Re: Safeguard still not working

Im having the same problem. feels like plusnet is the 'provider of choice for pervs'? I recently moved here from TalkTalk, while their Indian call centres were atrocious their webfilters appeared state of the art.

I have raised this with plusnet but am expecting an answer tomorrow so time to rant.

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Do you need protecting from yourself?

I can't understand people who want to employ a censor. Crazy3

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Oli1

You can't understand why people would want a safeguard to protect their kids from viewing nasty websites on the internet? 

I have cousins that use my wireless internet on their smartphones and safeguard is a great tool to keep what they are viewing safe.

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Then you shouldn't rely on tech. "fixes". Any child who wants to look at "censored" stuff won't use your wifi to do this.

Either provide them with a non-smart phone or personally supervise any internet usage.

I bet your kids use proxy web-sites to avoid your filters anyway.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."