cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safeguard not working - am I missing something?

fatbellybinky
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Safeguard not working - am I missing something?

I'm trying to get Safeguard working but despite following all the setup instructions, and re-booting my router, I can still reach sites that I have configured to be blocked.  I'm on Unlimited Fibre with the standard Plusnet provided Hub One router. 

The DNS servers are defined in the router and are the correct ones fpr Plusguard as follows:-

Primary DNS: 213.120.234.42 Secondary DNS: 213.120.234.38

I'm specifying one or two individual web sites to block rather than categories, I've received the emails telling me that my Safeguard options have been updated. I've tried clearing all browser cache's, rebooted the router a couple of times but I can still reach a test URL that I put in Safeguard  so it's clearly not working. 

Recently I did have an issue where an Android App that I use to check lottery results stopped working, telling me I had no internet connection as if it was blocked. I called Plusnet who said they couldn't see anything wrong with my account and I wasn't even using Safeguard at that time. Magically, it started working the next day  so I'm guessing that they did something so maybe whatever they did has now disabled Safeguard for me. 

There don't seem to be any recent forum posts on the subject so this suggests that at least some users have it working. Is anyone else having trouble with it? 

7 REPLIES 7
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Safeguard not working - am I missing something?

Hello @fatbellybinky,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the forums. We are currently investigating a problem with our safeguard services at the moment. I have passed the details on to the relevant team to investigate further and we will get back to you as soon as we know more.

I am sincerely sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
fatbellybinky
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply - hopefully that explains my inability to get it working. 

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

fatbellybinky
Dabbler

@SammyM wrote:

Hello @fatbellybinky,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the forums. We are currently investigating a problem with our safeguard services at the moment. I have passed the details on to the relevant team to investigate further and we will get back to you as soon as we know more.

I am sincerely sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Two weeks on and Safeguard still not working.  Any updates Huh

fatbellybinky
Dabbler

Is Plusnet Safeguard working for ANYONE at the moment??? 

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Sorry that you are still having issues. We are still working on this issue at the moment, and we don't currently have an estimated fix time.

fatbellybinky
Dabbler

Another 2 weeks gone and still not fixed Huh   For a security feature not to work, that's really bad. 

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @fatbellybinky,

We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience this will be causing you, however the issue is still being investigated to ind the cause of the issue.

We are sincerely sorry.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team