cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAM !!!

charcoal

Re: SPAM !!!

I have changed to Postini and it seems the mega spam I received over Christmas has finally stopped  :D- thank you. However a freind has now sent me an email 3 times and I am not getting it so assume that it is being blocked. Can you tell me how I go about fishing it out of the system? Huh
thanks
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I assume your friend would have told you if the messages had bounced back to him/her. Have you received *any* mail since moving onto Postini?
Assuming it is just your friend's messages that are disappearing, have you checked your Inbox.Spam folder on webmail (Squirrelmail) to see if they have been tagged as spam and moved into that? Also check your portal Manage My Mail spam settings - hopefully you do *not* have that set to "Delete it immediately".
David
paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: charcoal
However a freind has now sent me an email 3 times and I am not getting it so assume that it is being blocked. Can you tell me how I go about fishing it out of the system? Huh
thanks

Unfortunately that seems to be one of the problems with postini,  sometimes it takes into its head to block(and I assume delete) perfectly good emails. Earlier in the week I lost a few from Yahoo groups - Others in the group received them OK but myself and another who also uses PN didn't get them. luckily in this case the messages are readable via the group website, but it does make you wonder what other messages are going missing. Before anyone mentions it, no I don't have my spam setting set to delete!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

what have you got it set to?  if it goes to the spam folder, you cam only access that from web mail or imap, and then you have to actually activate the spam sub index from the option at the top set up a new address
paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: pierre_pierre
what have you got it set to?  if it goes to the spam folder, you cam only access that from web mail or imap, and then you have to actually activate the spam sub index from the option at the top set up a new address

Not sure which one of us that was directed at, yes I do access the spam folder via web mail because of all the false positives postini throws at me. I have now turned off the spam settings completely and letting Thunderbird sort it out.
Paul