cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAM Query

artmo
Aspiring Champion

SPAM Query

Can someone at PN try to help me understand what should happen with SPAM as I'm confused.
Firstly,  in webmail nothing seems to end up in my spam folder.  Why is this?
Secondly, when I get an email in my inbox such as ' [-SPAM-] There is an ecard waiting for you'
should this be sent to 'spam@spamtraining.plus.com' or has this already gone through the spam process?
Sorry if these are odd questions but I'm confused.
5 REPLIES 5
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: SPAM Query

I can answer the second, if it is marked as spam , it has been through the spam filter and you dont need to take any more action,
Glad you dont like e-cards, they did at one time carry trojans
if you find a genuine marked as spam send that to notspan@spamtraing, if you find spam that is not marked send that to spam@spamtraing
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Thanks for the info Pierre.  most of my SPAM emails these days seem to be e-cards.
Moderators note by James_H : Removed full quote of previous post. It makes the forums harder to read, and is a breach of the link:rules
pierre_pierre
Grafter

re why is your spam not in the spam folder have you look at this
http://www.plus.net/support/security/spam/webmail_spam.shtml
dont forget to do it for all your mail boxes
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Thanks again Pierre.  Looking at my settings I see what my problem is.  I have set up for spam once identified to be sent to my inbox.  That's why the spam folder was empty. Another lesson learned.
Moderators note by James_H : Removed full quote of previous post. It makes the forums harder to read, and is a breach of the Forum Rules
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I know you originate up north but they do say us Essex lads are fick