cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SORTED]How to OPT in for MAX DSL

polariscon
Dabbler

[SORTED]How to OPT in for MAX DSL

Can someone give me an advice to how to opt in for MAX DSL broadband?
My service was downgraded last month to 2 Mbps after four years of using MAX DSL (8Mbps download), raised ticket's already but resolving of my problem is very slow, waiting about one week already, and nothing changes.
Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: How to OPT in for MAX DSL

how did it get down graded, I have never heard of that before.  There used to be a click button on the members centre, but as I am on Max, there is no button now.
Plus MaxSDSl starts at 1Mb not 2
I see from your previous posting that you might have been moved to ADSL2, there is a known problem with that and easy to fix.
Hows your English getting on, I see your are Polish.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: polariscon
My service was downgraded last month to 2 Mbps after four years of using MAX DSL (8Mbps download), raised ticket's already but resolving of my problem is very slow, waiting about one week already, and nothing changes.

Hi there,
I'll take a look a this now and get back to you shortly...
Edit: Right, something uber-odd has happened here! Huh
A while back you requested that we move you to IPStream Max Premium. Now for some reason (which I think I've now sussed), this didn't happen and you had to chase it up. After doing this it looks like a manual order was placed to move you onto fixed IPStream Office 2000. This has been done I think because the back-end ordering systems don't seem to have an upgrade path to put you on a Max product? I've just tried to move you and there's no option to put you back on Max. I'm also confused by what the Broadband Availability Checker is returning.
[quote author="BBAC"]Thank you for your interest in ADSL broadband. This service is currently unavailable in your area; however your exchange would be suitable for our Exchange Activate approach, a collaborative solution created specifically for small or remote communities right across the UK.
Exchange Activate enables your local community to work together with BT to upgrade your exchange and help you get the most from this exciting technology.
We are continuing to look for alternative technology solutions and this site will be updated with developments as they happen.
To find out more about Exchange Activate, please visit www.bt.com/broadband and click on Getting Broadband.
If Exchange Activate becomes available in your area our initial test on your line suggests that you should be able to receive service. If a firm order is placed, a final test will be performed to confirm that your line is suitable.
Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.
I've taken ownership of your fault ticket and will see if I can get to the bottom of this...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

polariscon
Dabbler

Thank's I am glad to hear that.  Smiley
You have right about my exchange status, something happened there, just tried to use broadband exvhange checker and now it shows estimated speeds's:
DSL Max:  0 kbps (0 Mb)  Shocked
Fixed ADSL:  2048 kbps (2 Mb)  Angry
Anyway thank you, and I hope You will fix that soon.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No probs, I'm off home shortly but will chase for an update again tomorrow. We've spoken to somebody at BT who I'm hoping will be able to pull some strings somewhere...
Edit: Have chased for an update today (04/03/10) but I'm still waiting to hear back from Wholesale. I'll let you know as soon as I know more...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: polariscon
Anyway thank you, and I hope You will fix that soon.

Well, 'soon' probably wasn't the right word for it but I'm pleased to report that this issue should finally be fixed! Smiley
I've just sent your fault ticket back to you, give me a nudge if you need anything clarifying.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

polariscon
Dabbler

Thank You Bob.
I'm glad to hear that, keep my fingers crossed.
polariscon
Dabbler

Re: [SORTED]How to OPT in for MAX DSL

My problem finally sorted by PN.
Thank You Bob.