cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] Fibre Fault - 'SERVICE INFORMATION' Message

active8
Grafter

[SOLVED] Fibre Fault - 'SERVICE INFORMATION' Message

THIS HAS BEEN SOLVED BY CHANGING DNS TO OPENDNS!

I was just trying to get on facebook and this BT service information page came up - any ideas what is going on??  Crazy

SERVICE INFORMATION
Close Window

You have been connected to this page due to one of the following reasons. You must now shut down your browser and Internet applications before attempting to reconnect.
The BTWholesale access circuit to your Service Provider is currently down.
Your service should be resumed soon.
Or
You are testing your local connection to BT using
'bt_test_user@startup_domain'
Or
You are testing your connection to your Service Provider using 'bt_test_user@domain' where domain is your Service Provider domain name.
Or
Your Service Provider is currently unable to accept your connection request please wait until service is restored or contact your Service Provider for further information.
Or
You have attempted to access an invalid Service Provider domain.
7 REPLIES 7
BRABUS
Grafter

Re: Fibre Fault - 'SERVICE INFORMATION' Message

There are gremlins in the wires/fibres tonight - have a look here

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,104137.0.html
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: [SOLVED] Fibre Fault - 'SERVICE INFORMATION' Message

You don't need to set your DNS to OpenDNS, you can put our DNS addresses manually in the router and that will also stop the error message.
The addresses are 212.159.6.9  /  212.159.6.10  /  212.159.13.49  /  212.159.13.50
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
randpwar
Grafter

I am on FTTC and have recently been experiencing these disconnections whereby we are only able to access the BT
This has been happening for a month or so with occurrences of at least weekly. We had no connection late last night but all is well this morning. I usually have to go into the router admin and disconnect then reconnect.
Why are these disconnections occurring?  Is there anything I can do in addition to above?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@randpwar,
have you tried setting the DNS addresses as per what Chris mentions above?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
randpwar
Grafter

Thanks Adam
How would I do that?  And why is it necessary?
jazz
Grafter

You go into the router (www.routerlogin.net for the Netgear) and on the Basic Settings page (which is what it opens at) go down to Domain Server addresses which will be checked as "Get automatically from ISP" Clicjk the next box down "Use these addresses" and enter two of the DNS addresses that Adam gave.  I use 212.159.13.49  and 212.159.13.50.  Don't forget to click the "apply" box at the bottom of the page before exiting the router settings. You should then have no further problems.  I had the same thing a little while after changing to fibre and it has shown up in many posts on the Forum.  The router and modem seem to get themselves muddled when searching for DNS and end up with the default BT Wholesale thing..  I've never had a problem since changing DNS settings about a month ago.  Good luck!  Smiley
randpwar
Grafter

Many thanks jazz  :). I will do so this evening
Rob