Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNR up again!

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: SNR up again!

OK, I can reset the SNR, but I would urge you to leave it in the test socket once I have. Smiley
Kingsgate15
Grafter

Jojo, I am more than grateful for your help! As far as I'm concerned, it can stay connected to the test socket forever as long as it keeps sync!  Keith  Cheesy
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Kingsgate15,
I've requested that now, bear in mind it can take 24 hours to take effect, so leave it in the test socket and don't be tempted to reboot or change around the set up. I want it to be as stable as possible so we can see how it performs naturally.
Jojo Smiley
Kingsgate15
Grafter

Hi Jojo, many thanks for that - SNR back to 6dB already and sync up at a more realistic 6686. As you say, I'll leave the router setup exactly as it is to see how things go during the coming week. Keith  Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Kingsgate15,
I have now raised the profile to 5900 to allow for you new BT IP profile. This should take effect shortly.
Jojo Smiley
Kingsgate15
Grafter

Hi Jojo, another day and all is well! Many thanks for all your help - sync is 6686 and downloads are 55xx. SNR stable at 6dB. Excellent result!  Grin
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's fantastic, thanks for letting us know. Hope it stays that way, if it doesn't or there's anything else we can help with please let us know.
Kingsgate15
Grafter

I spoke too soon!  Sad  Another day and at 1305 hrs lost sync due to what appears to be a 'loss of margin failure'.  SNR back up to 9dB again and sync down to 5826. The router is still connected to the test socket.  Confirms my previous comments about something external causing loss of sync between 1230 and 1430 hrs on the days that this occurs.  Sad
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @Kingsgate15,
if it's Ok with you I think we'd be better off keeping an eye on things for a few days first. I say this as the profile is still at 5900 as it was when Jojo altered it on the 20th and the connection appears to be quite stable.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Kingsgate15
Grafter

Hi, thanks for speedy reply.  Sorry, wasn't actually expecting anything to be done on this occasion, quite honestly - more for info!  Smiley    The whole point of this exercise was to eliminate everything on my side of the master/test socket - which has now been proven.  Felt the need to mention it simply because what has occurred in the past is that the next re-sync usually sees the SNR rise to 12dB, rather than drop to the normal 6dB. That is the key to all of the problems I have been having with my broadband.
I'll wait with bated breath to see what happens next time it re-syncs and let you know!  Smiley

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem, give me a shout say after the weekend if you still have any issues.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Kingsgate15
Grafter

Hello again, it's been quite a while for me!  Sadly, have had a recent disconnect and reconnect with resultant rise in SNR to 12dB. Still connected to test socket, etc, etc.  The attached event log shows a disconnect a short while ago, can you make anything of this, as my line has been very stable since my last post.  Interestingly, the connection was lost just as it was coming upto 3 days since the last resync (done by me), something which seems to be a recurring theme from past posts! I just don't understand why the exchange needs to keep increasing the SNR, unless of course, there is a fault somewhere along the line.  Thanks.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there, I can see that you have a fairly stable connection at the moment so I'd not be too concerned about the SNR level unless you notice dropouts or a reduction in speeds.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team