Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNR's been pumped up :/

trudderz
Grafter

SNR's been pumped up :/

Can a Plusnet person take a look at this please?  Smiley
Ticket ID: 45249376
over the weekend of 06 & 07 August we had severe weather conditions which caused periodic power interruptions and the felling of our telegraph poles.
After the re-erection of the Openreach infrastructure we could re-establish a stable connection, however we now have a SNR margin of 12/13 which is higher than our value of 6 we had previously and which also held a stable connection.
This increase in SNR has resulted in a lower sync speed, even though its above the FTR, it is still considerably lower than the stable sync speed connection we had previous.
I would therefore ask for a request of a line reset, as these disconnections have not been due to our line at fault.
Many thanks for your time.

Can you please reset our line, cheers  Wink
12 REPLIES 12
lexusuk
Grafter

Re: SNR's been pumped up :/

Hi TRUDDERZ,
I have sent a request to have your line profile set to a target SNR value of 6dB.  This should go through before the close of play today. 
Please let us know if you require any further assistance.
trudderz
Grafter

Alex,
Thankyou so much for your prompt assistance.
Is there anything that i will be required to do, restart my router?
Smiley
matt_2k34
Grafter

IIRC you'll get a connection drop when the change comes into affect (probably when its least desired Wink ) but should reconnect straight away Smiley
Regards
lexusuk
Grafter

@ Matt_2k34
Correct. Smiley
trudderz
Grafter

Thank-ya both  Smiley
trudderz
Grafter

Checked snr this morning and it still remains the same  Sad
Does this mean the request failed, or it still hasn't gone through yet?
Ta.
lexusuk
Grafter

I had an email response at 15:37 yesterday confirming that the profile change was queued but checking this morning it does look like it has failed.  Let me look in to this for you.
trudderz
Grafter

thanks for your help here Alex, much appreciated.
hope you can sort it for us Smiley
lexusuk
Grafter

I've spoken to BT directly on this one.  The profile change we requested was successfully but was queued on the RAMBO system.  The time taken for a profile change to go through is dependent on the load on the RAMBO at the time of request.  Obviously the RAMBO associated with your line was processing a large number of changes yesterday. 
I've had the profile forced through manually in the meantime and your sync rate has increased as a result.  Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.
trudderz
Grafter

Thats brilliant Alex!  Smiley
Is it too cheeky for me to ask if you could change our IP profile in accordance with the sync speed?  Grin
Thanks again.
lexusuk
Grafter

Has your IP profile updated on the BT side already?  If not then it won't make any difference to your throughput if we update our side only.  Check your IP profile by running a BT speed test at: http://www.speedtester.bt.com/
trudderz
Grafter

No it hasn't been updated.
Sorry, my mistake, I thought both could be updated from your end.  Cheesy