Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNR reset

hedkandi
Grafter

SNR reset

Hi,
Please can you reset my SNR. Have only been able to get 4.2 mbps max since joining Plusnet, I used to get 5.8 mbps.
15 REPLIES 15
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: SNR reset

Hi there,
Welcome to our community forums Smiley
I've placed a SNR reset for you, this should take effect within the next 4 hours.
Let me know how you get on.
hedkandi
Grafter

Thank you  Smiley
Reset has already gone through and the stats are much better.. I will do a speed test later when my connection is not being used.

ADSL Link             Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 7904 kbps 448 kbps
Line Attenuation         39 db 10.5 db
Noise Margin         5 db 23 db
hedkandi
Grafter

Just did some speed tests using the BT wholesale site and get 4.5 mbps, I did the advanced test and found that the IP profile of my line is set to 4.5 mbps. (had to consult google to see what that meant  Grin ) . can you increase this or do I need to wait for the exchange to do it automatically? My line will definitely go faster, I used to get 5.8 mbps on Orange.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I assume you are on a 20CN only exchange; sadly it is likely to be 3 days before the 20CN DLM increases your IP Profile to 6500kbps. One just has to be patient. Sad
Until that happens, and the updated value is passed to Plusnet to update Current line speed in the Member Centre speedtest results will not improve..
David
hedkandi
Grafter

Ok thanks. yes on a 20cn exchange, no hurry I can wait a few days  Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I don't think that SNR reset took effect, I've submitted another so let us know what happens.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hedkandi
Grafter

Thanks, I think the first SNR reset did work but this second one has improved it even more -
ADSL Link                 Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 8128 kbps 448 kbps
Line Attenuation         39 db 10.5 db
Noise Margin         3 db 24 db
The downstream noise is varying from 0db to 5 db. Its just the IP profile holding the speed back now, how long do you think it will take to increase it? is it 3/4 days from friday (the first reset) or from today?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

It should be from the latest reset, glad to hear that helped though.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hedkandi
Grafter

Just checked and my IP profile has been raised to 6mbps but my download speed is still only around 4 meg
hedkandi
Grafter

Just did a speed test and got 5.85 Mbps  Smiley
hedkandi
Grafter

My IP profile is still set at 6 Mbps, with the connection speed of 8128 kbps  is it likely to increase more... as I understand it the profile should be 500 kbps below this ? I am quite happy with the speed already but if it will increase more then that's even better.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi hedkandi,
I can see that you are currently in sync at 7648Kbps so the IP Profile for your line is about right.
If your line does sync at 8128Kbps then your IP Profile should increase to 7150Kbps.
hedkandi
Grafter

Ok. Yes just checked my router and the sync speed has dropped from 8128Kbps to 7648Kbps, the noise is also higher at 7 db (guess thats why the sync dropped?) Anyway like I said I am happy with the speeds I will just keep an eye on the sync speed to make sure it doesn't keep dropping.
Thanks to all of you who have helped I am very impressed with the customer support here at Plusnet Smiley
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Thank you, and I am glad you are impressed Smiley
Please do let us know if there is anything else we can help with.