cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNR reset

amcclean
Rising Star

SNR reset

A couple of weeks ago we had our sofas cleaned and it turns out the cleaning unit, an industrial thing, was plugged in next to our router and our speed fell and snr rose.
Our SNR has sat between 3 and 6 for a number of years with the occasional blip. My last response from PN was that they would reset it to 9 at the obvious detriment of speed.
I would appreciate if PN could reset it to 6 again so that I may get back the extra bit of speed I know my line can give and has given  well for quite a long time
My line is "due" to have FTTC in Sept but the extra speed now would be much appreciated.
Ticket no: #55933118
Regards,
Podman
3 REPLIES 3
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: SNR reset

I see that was picked up for you. How's it been?
amcclean
Rising Star

Hi Jo,
The Snr request for 6 has apparently been processed however it is still reading 8.5 ish.
You may or may not recal resetting it for me before when I have asked in the forums. The last time was about a year ago and it was been fine at 6 until recently it had at that time been going to zero and giving zero throughput which was resolved by work at the exchange and changing d and e sides?. Is there something I can do to lower it. I have tried two routers.
Desperate for Sept for fttc
Regards
Podman
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi podman,
unfortunately once a request has been placed it can't be done again for another 10 days, so not much I can do until then I'm afraid.
Jojo Smiley