Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNR reset request

JonnyF
Grafter

SNR reset request

Hi,
Hopefully the same helpful people are still here from Plusnet?
I have requested my SNR be reset to 6db (BT messing about again in exchange, reset to 12db)
This is the ticket number 22417297, but the support guys are messing me about again, they say they cannot request this be changed (even though they did a couple of months ago!)
Please can someone arrange for this to happen?
Thanks in advance,
Jon.
87 REPLIES 87
James
Grafter

Re: SNR reset request

Hi Jon,
I'll crack on with this for you.
James
Grafter

Hi again,
If you have a look at your ticket, it's now with BT.
JonnyF
Grafter

James,
Thanks very much!!!
Cheers,
Jon.
JonnyF
Grafter

James,
I have had a reply to my ticket (22417297).
It says BT cannot find a fault on my line!!
It seems that someone is missing the point!
Please can you action the request again to reset mny SNR to 6db (its still at 12db even after reboot)
I think you may have to use a different coloured crayon in your request to BT!! (dig at BT not Plusnet or yourself!!)
Cheers,
Jon.
James
Grafter

Jon,
I've just replied to your ticket.  This is not uncommon and I've fired the fault back to BT.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: James
Jon,
This is not uncommon
From my limited experience it's absolutely standard - I really wonder how much money/time BTw waste though not reading the initial request before initiating the standard fault checks.
James
Grafter

I'm sure they must have got it right first time at least once, so I didn't want to say that it happened all of the time!
JonnyF
Grafter

Thanks again!
P.S. What colour did you use?
Grin
Jon.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Judging from the avatar James uses, probably pink.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
James
Grafter

Don't diss the pink shoes.  They are legendary in PlusNet Comms Folklore.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I'm sure they must have got it right first time at least once, so I didn't want to say that it happened all of the time!
Mand
Grafter

Don't diss the pink shoes.  They are legendary in PlusNet Comms Folklore.

Are the ones in the avatar actual size? Tongue
On a serious note we have had problems getting the SNR changed in the past, and it usually involves at least one pass back to BT unfortunately.
JonnyF
Grafter

Ive had to have the SNR reset in the past, and this is what happened that time too! Actually it took 2 months from start to finish!
Question for you though - This is the second time this has happened now. Is this becoming a common occurance in general?
The first time my SNR went to 12db was after over 12 months of completely trouble free service and corresponded to BT doing some VP capacity work in my exchange!!
The second time is once again out of the blue - absolutely no issues up until my SNR changing.
I have a friend with plusnet who this has happened to as well - same circumstances as the first scenario mentioned.
Basically it seems our SNR targets are being reset for no reason i.e. in all 3 instances there were 0% line issues, no disconnects etc. etc.
Cheers,
Jon.
James
Grafter

It may be an idea to look into hardware which is compatible with the DMT Tool which allows you to set your SNR at the router end.  I do fdully appreciate however that this is not convenient and isn't something that you as a customer should be expected to do.  I'm merely suggesting it as something that you could do.
MaxDSL is a bit of a pain for this reason and also for its blip logic.  there may well have been a very temporary fault on the line which you didn't nitice and as such the target SNR was changed at BT's end.  Yes, it's a pain, but unfortunately the only thing that we can do is to raise a fault when these issues occur.
I've already had words with our account manager about BT Wholesale's apparently inability to read notes on faults.