cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNR reset request - again...Please...

CodeBusters
Grafter

SNR reset request - again...Please...

Is it possible to have my SNR profile reset to 6 please. As well as the data rate.

The SNR has increased today after being on 6 since the last time you reset it, 3 weeks ago, probably due to all the maintenance work overnight this week and last with subsequent disconnections.

My post from 3 weeks ago.

Here is a screenhot from today with stats from 19th Oct. overlaid for reference.

ScreenShot00155a.jpg

Hopefully you can sort this for me ASAP.

Tags (1)
16 REPLIES 16
CodeBusters
Grafter

Re: SNR reset request - again...Please...

Possible or not?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Sorry to see we haven't replied yet. If you private message me with your username I would be happy to reset your line tomorrow if the connection is stable.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
CodeBusters
Grafter

PM has been sent, thanks.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thank you for your PM. Your line is dropping in connection: 

image1478870218428

I wouldn't advise moving your SNR target down. I would recommend trouble shooting the issue at http://faults.plus.net to fix the underlying cause. You can complete the troubleshooter to raise the fault to us if you need to.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
CodeBusters
Grafter

The drops were caused at your end, it happened before, 3 weeks ago, the line was fast and stable with SNR reset to 6.

So if you can reset please it would be most appreciated. If it then gets worse I will raise a ticket.

The problems started on Mon at 11.45am and constantly connected then disconnected for about an hour, this coincided with a huge spike in the "customer support stats" when compared to the previous day, also a lot of customers have also been complaining that their SNR's have gone to 9.

DLM at its worst.

Not good when trying to update business website.

ONeill1
Grafter

Sorry to but in are you sure you are not on PN new network ?

I've seen a fair few problems with it myself and other peoples on here, fast stable line before with SNR at 6dB now after move set to 9dB and no one is listening, packet loss, websites not loading and then they do, DL tests all over the place and erratic. Cry

CodeBusters
Grafter

Not sure about being on new network but did get a ticket...

ScreenShot00157.jpg

running a trace at TBB got this result...

ScreenShot00156.jpg

Bottom line should be server.

Problems on network cause DLM to adjust SNR but the problem is the network itself, so it seems.

This post also sheds light on the issue

Around the same time - 7th November...

ONeill1
Grafter

Looks like you are, if you read this thread it will tell you more about it

https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Plusnet-New-Network/td-p/1300536

and this one for mor info on it itself

http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=16711.0

I would agree with you that it looks like network/server.

They moved me across and I just happen to get a line fault and other problems Sad

CodeBusters
Grafter

Reset please, anyone.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I've changed your SNR target down to 6db. I'm sorry for the delay. The router will re-sync within the next 10 minutes and you should see a change within the next couple of hours.

[Edit]

@CodeBusters Your service is also still provisioned on the shared WBMC network, not our new dedicated network.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

@CodeBusters wrote:

Not sure about being on new network but did get a ticket...

ScreenShot00157.jpg

Just reading this thread again. This service notice appears to indicate that your service has been moved from 20CN exchange equipment to 21CN. This entails the circuit being ceased and reprovided, so it's possible that this caused the DLM to reset itself and shift the SNR target. 

Hopefully it'll stay at 6db after my DLM change and the connection to not become more unstable.

CodeBusters
Grafter

This keeps getting more unbelievable.

Can you explain this one...

ScreenShot00159.jpg

How many times can I be transferred to the 21C Network ?

I was also informed yesterday that after your fault-finding failed to find anything wrong on this business broadband, that you are going to switch on interleaving...aaggghhh..(I understand that this is a automatic system generated message, correct me if i'm wrong)

Since the 7th November multiple posts have appeared on the forum, all with the same problems and up until yesterday Plusnet was keeping quiet.

Can you also ensure that when I am transferred (again) that my profile is reset back to 7000kbps with 6db snr and interleaving OFF.

Tags (1)
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

It appears that when the broadband troubleshooter is completed and a fault is raised, as part of the automated process of testing the service, it will automatically place an order with our suppliers to enable Interleaving. This will throw out a service notice on your account that indicates the service is being transferred to the 21C Network, but that just means a modify order has been placed.

Testing your broadband, I can see that your SNR target has risen to 9db and Interleaving is on. There are over 500 errored seconds on your connection. Lowering your SNR and turning off Interleaving is likely to make this worse.

Our business team would like to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further. If you reply to the fault ticket, they'll get that booked in.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

CodeBusters
Grafter

Would you like to add to my ticket the fact that despite me having received some emails yesterday (Outlook), today I open my emails to find 3 from Tuesday and 48 from yesterday including 5 from Plusnet support.

As a business user, getting email enquiries from customers and needing to respond asap this is unacceptable and not fit for purpose and results in customers having a bad impression of our services.

Do you have an answer excuse for this.

Tags (1)