Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNR reset request / Lowered speed

sylwias
Dabbler

SNR reset request / Lowered speed

snr.jpg

Hello, Could I have the snr value looked at ? My speed dropped down, due to changing the router and reseting it few times a day because of firmware upgrade.

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: SNR reset request / Lowered speed

Hi there

Your circuit is in sync for your package:

Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 54.9 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps

No banding is applied though:

Profile Name 0.128M-55M Downstream 6dB, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off

The test I've run is indicating a possible line fault:

Voice Line Test Result Voice fault suspected - contact Voice CP to progress copper issue

The line test I've completed has detected a Battery Contact. That's been raised to Openreach now with an estimated response time of by 02/03/17 23:59:59.

Feel free to let us know if you have problems following this.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
sylwias
Dabbler

Thank you for prompt answer. Will wait for the Openreach engineer to pop in. By the way - Is there a chance getting the down speed bumped up a little bit? Or am I too far from the exchange?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

It depends what you mean by bumped up. If you mean towards the current speed of 55 Mbps, afraid not as from our point of view and my tests I'm not detecting any slow speeds.

Seems that your throughput is the problem which is likely caused by the line fault.

Looking through your estimates, I can see that the sync rate is below the minimum range of 58.7 Mbps.

(Ignore what I said earlier about the current speed being right for your package. I thought you were on 55/10 but looking again I can see you are provisioned on 80/20.)

If you continue to experience the throughput issue and/or the sync doesn't increase after the phone fault is resolved, then the next step would be to progress this as a broadband fault.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
sylwias
Dabbler

Hi again, got 2 calls from BT engineer saying he is working on the exchange, the second phone call was about if he could get acces to my flat - the one in Glasgow. But since I rised the issue here, I was talking about the house in East Kilbride, the one which requires a login : sylwias . Can I ask you to have a look onto this one, instead the one in Glasgow? Maybe I was not precise enough on the begining, but I assumed that my login here will be sufficient enough to determine which broadband we are talking about. BTW, the one in glasgow is working at speed above 60mbits per second.