Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNR reset please

scoobydoo1
Grafter

Re: SNR reset please

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_

In this case we need to raise an order to change the stability setting for your line, add interleaving and make sure no banding is applied (as per what you've experienced).
That will complete tomorrow, after that we'll submit an SNR reset. Following that the disconnections shouldn't affect DLM at all.

this is why adam did this the other day , so disconnections either by turning off or by logging in router n clicking disconnect wont affect DLM in the future (hopefully)
Anonymous
Not applicable

And what part of Adam's statement didn't you understand ?
we need to raise an order to change the stability setting for your line, add interleaving and make sure no banding is applied

which YOU then refused, and Adam said -
OK I can leave interleaving off. But please bear in mind an SNR reset alone rarely fixes any issues it really depends on certain aspects of the line as to how DLM will react.

You have already found out how the DLM will react without interleaving - it drops your speed by a bigger than normal amount !
scoobydoo1
Grafter

Quote from: purleigh
And what part of Adam's statement didn't you understand ?
we need to raise an order to change the stability setting for your line, add interleaving and make sure no banding is applied

which YOU then refused, and Adam said -
OK I can leave interleaving off. But please bear in mind an SNR reset alone rarely fixes any issues it really depends on certain aspects of the line as to how DLM will react.

if you read it again , i didnt refuse, i said i wished to keep interleaving off, the rest i agreed too
scoobydoo1
Grafter

Not just yet, we need the order I placed yesterday to complete fist, no point submitting one until it has. I'll check the order again tomorrow for you and will reply back when the reset has been done.

UPDATE:
I've just checked and the order has completed so I've submitted the SNR reset now.

heres the update he suggested which was completed today, the only thing i didnt want doing was to turn interleaving back on, so i dont know which part you missed about me refusing the whole  stability order
Anonymous
Not applicable

But having interleaving switch ON is the element that will make your line less sensitive to disruption.
By preventing banding (not seen that done before !) that means after a DLM speed drop has occurred your line will probably recover after a week or so - rather than getting permanently stuck on a reduced banded rate in an attempt to maintain stability.
scoobydoo1
Grafter

oh i see,
since chris mentioned about going into router and disconnecting that way, i had no probs at all,it kept constant speeds, so i guess it works in a way, it was only till sis turned off router it went back to low speed, but she knows now, so hopefully just using the router trick things will stay the same without DLM affecting the speed. time will tell..
still getting around 3mb at mo, but its too early still, will try more tests later when the reset kicks in
apjashley1
Grafter

Scooby my line is on a similar setting to yours with regard to DLM, and I still find turning the router off affects speed. Even though the banding doesn't kick in, after turning the router off the connection always comes back slower and only recovers after a couple of days of solid uninterrupted connection.
I really must advise NOT switching the router off, even when you're not using it. The electricity saving over the year will be measured in pence, not pounds.
scoobydoo1
Grafter

yup i found that out myself,, i used to just turn pc n router off, but since i was told to log into my router, and then click disconnect first, before turning router off, i had no probs, still had constant 15-17mb connection,
will soon see when my reset kicks in later, when i do a test, n see after a few days, just doing the router log in/disconnect, as i hadnt a prob since i tried doing that
scoobydoo1
Grafter

UPDATE:
I've just checked and the order has completed so I've submitted the SNR reset now.

hi adam are you sure the SNR was submitted as there as been no change since yesterday morning, i run a few tests yesterday evening
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2636701725.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2636931223.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2637023736.png
and one again this morning (below) as you can see nothing as changed, i should be seeing 15-17mb, not 3mb
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2638030154.png
scoobydoo1
Grafter

any update on this adam?, as it doesnt look like the SNR reset as gone thru, still getting around 3mb only
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Bad news - it was just a matter of updating the profile on our side I'm afraid. Good news - that's now done, the SNR reset has completed and removed the banding, and you should shortly be enjoying speeds of around 17Mb - hope that's all good now?