Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNR reset please

DavidJ
Rising Star

SNR reset please

Hi lovely DCT people
Recurrence of a little problem...
My ADSL2+ connection is usually a rock-solid 18M+ but about once a year the SNR jumps a little and, consequently, my connection speed slows a little. You guys then reset the SNR and I'm back up to 18M. It's happened again - SNR has jumped from about 2.5 to 3.2 (stats attached). Could it be reset again?
Many thanks.
David
6 REPLIES 6
DavidJ
Rising Star

Re: SNR reset please

Rang tech support who did an SNR reset. However, the SNR has gone up to 7+ and the speed has dropped to 15M (stats attached). Not what I was hoping for! Have I got a problem here or does the SNR reset need to be done differently? In the past this has always fixed the issue but this time it seems to have made it worse.
David
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

As it was done this morning, unfortunately, I need to wait ten days before I can perform another test.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
DavidJ
Rising Star

No problem.
What shall I do - what 10 days, see if anything's changed, and post another reply to this topic?
David
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

The line is stabilising so you may see change in the next few hours/days. If further action is needed after ten days, please respond to this post and we'll take another look.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

TBH though, the first screenshot you posted showed the SNR of 3.2, this is exactly what I'd expect from a target SNR of 3. It will fluctuate up and down very slightly, so a reset wasn't really the answer here.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

David,
If the router stats can be relied on, for a 30.5dB attenuated line, your synch speed at 15+M is very good.  18+Mbps in way above expectations for a line of that length.
...as I say though, that is based on the assumption that the 30.5dB attenuation is correct - routers misreporting attenuation are not uncommon.  That attenuation suggests that your line is around 2,.2km, which you can check out here - http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/adslchecker.php

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.