cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNR reset please

paulsrushton

SNR reset please

Hi
Not been with Plusnet that long but having a lot of problems. Our estate is particularly poor with my two previous suppliers (BT and TalkTalk only managing 1.5-1.9mb.
During the day Plusnet is coming out at 3.5mb with a stable connection but as soon as it gets to tea time the problems start. So far we've not been able to use the internet on an evening as the connection is constantly dropping. I believe both BT and TT used a profile of 12db to give us stability. I phoned last Thursday and first reported the problem and also phoned the last couple of days. Someone tonight reset the SNR but it appears to have not worked and still in the same boat.
The lady today said she'd resend a request to the faults team to manually set the SNR and prevent it from changing but it may take several days. I've posted this here to try to speed up a response as it's really annoying and stopping me working and Xmas shopping!!
Please help!!!
Thanks
Paul
7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: SNR reset please

If the speed is fine during the day, but slower at night then this isn't likely to be SNR causing it. The fact that you can sync at, and achieve good throughput speeds during the day shows this.
I can see you've reported a fault, that's the best way for us to look into this. Can you run the BT speed test during the time you're seeing the problems.
http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
Once you've done the normal test, there's an option for 'further diagnostics', this saves the test result where we can see it and use it to report the fault through.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
paulsrushton

Hi Chris
Thanks for the reply. I'll do the speed test tonight once home from work.
I appreciate what you're saying about the day/evening issues but have been through this twice with both Talktalk and BT. We had the engineer out twice recently from BT prior to leaving them and still only maintained a 1.9mb speed. I'm happy for you to continue looking for faults however if you feel there is one somewhere.
Could you confirm which profile is actually on the line at the moment?
Thanks
Paul
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Your current line stats are:

Upstream  /  Downstream
Loop Loss:  36.0 / 55.0 
SNR Margin:  19.8 / 4.5 
Speed:  448 / 3296 
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
paulsrushton

Hi Chris
I've just got home and have managed to run the test as requested. The page took ages to load and I was connected via Ethernet cable.
My wife informs me the internet has been poor today and dropped out for her several times. Interesting the sync speed seems to have dropped after rebooting and it seemed a more stable connection. 
Hopefully the speed test results will help.
Paul
paulsrushton

Well I hope I'm not speaking too soon but everything seems good at the moment. 1.9mb speed (as with BT and Talktalk) and it's stable at this time. Not had this since joing Plusnet. I did get an email about interleaving so not sure if that's helped or if the profile has been changed.
paulsrushton

Well a further update. The internet a been fine tonight and been able to browse as normal. Speed test on iPhone is showing a constant 1.9mb. Whatever settings are on please leave them as they are Smiley
Could you let me know actually and then if things change in the future I know what worked.
Many thanks
Paul
paulsrushton

Hi
I recieved an email today saying the profile have been set to 15db. I've just landed home and the internet snot working again. It shows connected with a downstream of over 3000 which the line can't sustain. Can you advise if the profile has changed again or ignites still on 15db. This is getting silly now.