cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNR margin dropping to 3dB after 4 to 5 days up time...

youngsyp
Grafter

Re: SNR margin dropping to 3dB after 4 to 5 days up time...

Just by way of an update; I had a brainwave this morning (must be the cold weather...) and removed a few things from around the master socket. I then did a re-sync and am now syncing at 3424Kb/s (maximum  bandwith of 3520Kb/s), up from around 2912Kb/s pre-fiddle. SN Margin has been hovering around 6dB since too. Not a bad improvement for 2 minutes work.  Smiley
Interestingly, when I did the re-sync, the line reconnected with an SN Margin of 6.5dB...
I'll need to wait a couple of days for my IP Profile to reset but, will run a speedtest then and publish the results.
Paul
youngsyp
Grafter

OK, have been monitoring the dropping SN Margin over the Christmas period and it's still occuring, despite being connected directly to the test socket. It's quite an annoyance now as I need to re-sync the router every 5 days or so to get the SN Margin back up to 6dB or so as the connection quality, in terms of page loading etc, drops right off when the SN Margin hits 3dB. This is clearly set with obstacles as I need to re-sync at the right time to avoid the dreaded IP profile change. I'm also not at home during optimum 'sync hours'.
Would one of you kind people at Plusnet please investigate the issue for me?
If you need anything, just shout.
Thanks in advance,
Paul
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hmm, sounds promising. Always worth fiddling, you never know what you can find Smiley