Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNR Target set request

Justinian
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

SNR Target set request

Hi there,
If any Plusnet support is watching these forums can I please have my SNR target setup at 3db. Could I also ask for a IP profile reset please ?
This follows after I replaced my old router with a Asus DSL N66U which is a brilliant piece of hardware but with a highly bugged ADSL driver and platform firmware. It should be pretty stable for now but for some reason the downstream attenuation is 25% higher than every other router/modem I have tried.
9 REPLIES 9
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: SNR Target set request

Hi,
I've just submitted an SNR reset for you.
I'll check back on this in a little while to see if we need to adjust the profile too.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Justinian
Rising Star

Thanks, I can confirm it has just been acted for. Funny enough the SNR upstream went from 6 to 7  Tongue
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Yep, I've just updated the profile to 13400kbps for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Justinian
Rising Star

Oh thanks for the revert to FAST and stopping of the dreaded interleaving on my connection.
Still the fact that N66U is reporting 40-41 attenuation on the downstream and other modems are showing in the 29-31 range is the most odd of things.
I've raised it with Asus. The router model is relatively new so I hope the problem is only temporary.
Justinian
Rising Star

Funny thing Adam,
The SNR got defaulted back to 6 for some weird reason. Interleaving is still off.
Justinian
Rising Star

Hi all,
Nobody from plusnet seen this yet ?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Nope, we only tend to be around 9-530 Mon-Fri in the forums.
However if the target SNR has increased back to 6 then something is causing that to happen. Did you make any changes internally or know any reason that this might have happened?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Justinian
Rising Star

Hi Chris,
No, there is something odd about this adsl driver firmware. I mean right now is showing a 4.5 db snrm on the downstream  Shocked
Could you please request another reset. The only change I did was not related to the adsl connection. If something change I am probably about to find out another bug in the N66U platform.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I'm afraid we can only do one SNR Reset within a 10 day period.
Within this time the DLM will make changes depending on line stability.