Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIP ALG SAGEMCOM 2704n

knowsnotmuch
Dabbler

SIP ALG SAGEMCOM 2704n

Hi,
I have read an earlier post about this but there didn't appear to be a resolution to the enquiry.
I am wondering if it is possible to disable SIP ALG in this modem/router please?  I have tried the basic, advanced and expert user settings as well as seemingly not being able to telnet into the router so am at a bit of a loss.  I'm trying to run a VOIP phone system and am told that it is SIP ALG which is causing some of the issues I am experiencing (phone not ringing, audio dropping out etc).
Thanks in advance for your help!
37 REPLIES 37
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: SIP ALG SAGEMCOM 2704n

What are the exact symptoms?  A misconfigured or ineffective ALG would typically not cause intermittent problems, more likely certain aspects would not work at all (for example one way audio, or lack of ring back).  Does the 2704 even have any special SIP handling, for example has the service provider found headers rewritten or similar?
knowsnotmuch
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply.
We have four phones on the VOIP system.  Two of them work very well.  One of them doesn't ring at all when an incoming call comes in.  The other goes straight to "missed call" when two people are on the phone.  I hope this makes sense!?  We have also struggled with one or two provider registration failed messages (although this was just on one particular day).  I have spoken with our VOIP providers who have confirmed that they do believe it to be a SIP ALG issue and, as all I need the modem/router for is the VOIP system then it seems a bit over the top investing in a top of the range router just to be able to disable SIP ALG but unless somebody here can help then I fear I'll have no option!
knowsnotmuch
Dabbler

p.s. It is the plusnet supplied router that I'm currently (trying) to use!
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

We have four phones on the VOIP system.
Are all the phones configured to use different 'local' ports for SIP and RTP ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

knowsnotmuch
Dabbler

You'll have to forgive me - they came pre-configured so how might I go about checking this please!?
Many thanks!
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

What model phones are they ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

knowsnotmuch
Dabbler

Siemens Gigaset A540 I think..?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Is that a Gigaset DECT system with one base unit and multiple handsets ?

knowsnotmuch
Dabbler

Yes, that's right - DECT with an N510 IP Pro base unit.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

I'm fairly familiar with that, I've got a C475IP at home.
So , I guess you've got multiple sip accounts linked to the individual handsets ?

knowsnotmuch
Dabbler

Well, each handset has been assigned to a user of that makes sense?  The settings are done through the N510 and they appear to be the same for each user? 
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Is this a single Gigaset base station with four SIP accounts/numbers configured, and four DECT handsets?  Or four Handset/Base station combos.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

If I understand what you're saying , each phone has a different sip account id e.g 1234567@sipgate.co.uk for example.
Are they all with the same voip provider ?
It doesn't look like the N510 manual is available from the gigaset website ( 404 error ) so if it's different from the C475/N300 IP units I might be struggling a bit...  

knowsnotmuch
Dabbler

Hi,
It's a single N510 base unit which links to four handsets all on the same number(s).  Each has a username/password and the whole system is with one provider.  I hope that makes sense?!
The provider has indicated that all I need to do is turn of SIP ALG and all will work fine - they've been very good so far but just wish I could figure out how to do this!