Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rumour about Customer Support

petejackson
Grafter

Re: Rumour about Customer Support

Quote from: itsme
Believe PN need a geography lesson

You're quite right.  I've edited the blog to read 'well spoken' rather than 'first'
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: techguy
Please please please, direct your main customers (the non white label ones) to your Sheffield facility because I want to deal with people from Sheffield I tell thee Smiley
Please translate "non white label". Does it mean the ones who don't have a record of being awkward  Shocked
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

There will always be support for non-white label (I'm assuming you mean non-business?) customers in Sheffield, don't worry about that. Though not everyone in the Sheffield callcentre is actually from Sheffield...
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

What there are non-Yorkshire people looking after me? Right that's it I'm off.....
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Again - with the greatest respect for the people down in Durban - my experience of overseas calls centres is that even if staff can speak good English and not too strong an accent - the major problem is even highly educated people do not understand the British culture and how things work here. I could bore everyone with several examples - but I have had to spend 2 or 3 times the amount of time on the phone - at my expense - to explain the problem. Sometimes I've been so exasperated - I have insisted I am redirected back to someone in the UK - and they have immediately understood the problem and have ususally been able to resolve the issue.
I know some companies that have used overseas call centres have now moved operations back to the UK because of just this problem.
Maybe having staff overseas on the online support systems will work - as long as they are closely monitored by Sheffield staff ?.
- if we have problems explaining the problem - there must be a way to escalate the issue and speak to someone in Sheffield.
This all makes me nervous that I have made another mistake moving to PN  Sad   Sad Sad

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Might be something to do with "Never knowingly under sold"
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Here`s a couple of questions....
Who wrote the blog?   Why use double negatives in a sentence?  
When I first read the sentence below, I got the wrong inference..... or did I...? Undecided

It doesn’t make sense for us not to look at ways in which we can work together, to improve quality and customer satisfaction

I think this is a very poor standard of English language. Sad
The correct way for that sentence to make proper sense is
It makes sense for us to look at ways in which we can work together, to improve quality and customer satisfaction

I think you (and a lot more) will agree, the meaning of the sentence is now absolutely clear, and not ambiguous as first produced.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The core of support will always stay in Sheffield, as we've said, though it is an established award winning broadband support callcentre in Durban... but you'll never not be able to speak to someone in Sheffield should the need (dare I say urge?) arise.
Sorry, I mean always...
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@ Orbrey

but you'll never not be able to speak to someone in Sheffield

Did you write the  blog?    Or are double negatives the "trendy" way to write bad english, hoping to impress with the amount of words used in a sentence?
Correct version reads
but you (edit) will be able to speak to someone in Sheffield......  (Edit... add into that sentence  always)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: orbrey
Sorry, I mean always...

Grin
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

People love to speak in double negatives, it's something I'm trying to get SWMBO out of the habit of doing; before the kids become infected..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Heloman
Grafter

Well said, orbrey.
Maybe shutter was grammatically correct, but being that pedantic added nothing to the discussion.
Adding an established support centre in SA is not totally radical. The technology and language are the same. For me, Pn's Customer Support and openness have always been their  major selling point . And PN know that and wouldn't willingly compromise it, I believe.
Lets not get hysterical about this. I'mm willing to see how things pan out......
zubel
Community Veteran

I must admit I was minorly surprised by the announcement, but reading the blog has helped to clarify why PN are going down this route.
It makes sense - having two CSC centres allows the 'slack' to be moved between as and when required.  They're both award winning and it should in fact allow PN to provide even better support.
It remains to be seen whether the reality will live up to the promise, but I'm willing to be open minded about it.
B.

chillypenguin
Grafter

Next Mod meeting in Durban then?  Smiley
Well if CSC has to be off shored to anywhere, then South Africa from my experience provides some of the best customer service. And Sheffield has little space left for expansion to CSC.
But I can not help but think that this is a thin end of a wedge.
Undecided
petejackson
Grafter

Quote from: shutter
Who wrote the blog?   Why use double negatives in a sentence?  
When I first read the sentence below, I got the wrong inference..... or did I...? Undecided
It doesn’t make sense for us not to look at ways in which we can work together, to improve quality and customer satisfaction

I think this is a very poor standard of English language. Sad
The correct way for that sentence to make proper sense is
It makes sense for us to look at ways in which we can work together, to improve quality and customer satisfaction
I think you (and a lot more) will agree, the meaning of the sentence is now absolutely clear, and not ambiguous as first produced.

Hands up. Guilty as charged.  I put that bit in.  I thought it actually got the point across better.. 'it really doesn't make any sense etc' but I take your point.