cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rubish speed

dhep1
Grafter

Rubish speed

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3953734397RR 2.96 mbps down and 0.20 up wireless, this goes to 11mbps if I plug the cable in.
I have just moved from Talktalk (should have stayed) I got around 15mbps down and over 1.0 upload wireless, sitting in the exact same position.
12mbps "missing" I know all the stuff about wireless but it has to be plusnet!
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rubish speed

Try reconfiguring your TalkTalk modem/router with your Plusnet account settings and you should get your previous wireless speeds.
dhep1
Grafter

The problem was the router kept dropping the line and Talktalk would not replace, that is why I left.
I could try it though, not sure how? will plusnet work on a Talktalk router?
My wife who is playing a game is having to use her mobile internet as is is much faster.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If your TalkTalk modem/router is not locked to TalkTalk settings, you should be able to enter the Plusnet settings.
The modem line settings can be found here - Broadband connection settings, and is all you need to get the connection running.
For your information, additional Plusnet account settings can be found here - Connection Details
If your TalkTalk device is listed here, then you might want to follow the setup guide.
dhep1
Grafter

I did all that and the Talktalk router said connected to the internet but would not load a page?
The router has only been connected 1 day, does it need time?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi dhep1,
There's a few tips here which might help get some improved performance over wireless:
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/wireless_broadband/wireless_signal.shtml
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dhep1
Grafter

Thanks
I moved wireless settings to 11, see how this goes, even when the speed is high games etc. will not load and web pages took 10 seconds to load.
See what happens now.
jim:quote
dhep1
Grafter

Firstly I am NOT bumping The fact is plusnet are giving a really bad service so bad I have now contacted the Ombudsman.
The problem is very well discussed on this forum, no doubt oldjim will censor this too.
when I get 14mbs the web pages take an age to load, this is a VERY VERY common problem my daughter who I unfortunately got her on plusnet too, she gets 16mbps and hers will not load web pages have tried every number 1-12 on the router still no good, we are all running off our mobile phones and the internet through three work excellent.
I was with plusnet a few years ago when they were owned by bt, very bad service went to ombudsman got the contract quashed, I was told plusnet were now good, WRONG!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi,
Whilst I understand that you're frustrated, the moderators are not here to censor things. They will enforce the forum rules and it's worth bearing in mind that they are customers, not staff members.
How far away from the router are you when doing these tests and what connection strength does your phone show?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
dhep1
Grafter

Right next to the router, the phone works ok but then it takes less to open mobile pages, the tethering works fine.