cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rubbish speeds tonight

gwillym
Grafter

Rubbish speeds tonight

Was OK earlier and I mean only about 30 mins ago - 56 down, 15up, now its 16 down, 15 up. - what's up? because I've not changed anything in the last 1/2 hour (gateway is pcl-ag01)
7 REPLIES 7
gwillym
Grafter

Re: Rubbish speeds tonight

and just 3 minutes later its improved? if that's the word to 32/15 - still way away from where it should be
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

I think your line just resynced.  Might be worth one of the Chris's having a look tomorrow.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

if you run the BTw Performance test (ignore the red preamble except make sure no other programs/users are using the Internet) and at the end of the first run, click the Further Diagnostics button, enter just your Phone number and Run the Further Diagnostics Test - it will give you the current download speed but also the BT IP Profile for the line - this is initially the more important consideration.
If you want, you can do a copy and paste the results in a post here (you don't have to grab an image).
gwillym
Grafter

Did that - IP profile was 54 down, 20 up.
Its all back to normal now - are you still having peak 'lumpiness' problems?
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Yes they still are having a few issues, depending on which Gateway you are on.
Make a note of that exact profile, it shouldn't change as you shouldn't lose sync unless there is a problem with the line - Kelly did notice a resync last night, it could just be the line stabilising, depends how long you had your Fibre connection. Don't ever turn off or reboot the modem unless there is a strong reason and advice to do so.
If you are noticing speed throughput issues, always check your BT IP Profile and check your Current Line speed (Login required) matches that profile.
If the profiles seem ok, you can try a Gateway hop - log into the Router, goto the Internet interface and click Disconnect, wait about 30 seconds then click Connect. See here for guidance if you are not familiar.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
It looks like just before you posted your first post you were on PTW-AG03 and when you posted you re-synced to PCL-AG01 as you mentioned. So it seems that you were affected more when your were on the PTW gateway.
What are you speeds like now?
gwillym
Grafter

yes, that fits. at the mo:-
According to  BTW:
37.69 down, 13.55 up, profile is 54.55/20

According to TBB
49.66/15.32

Gateway is  pcl-ag01.
Down speed seems a bit low - I'll leave it for a while any maybe try a hop later