Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routerstats Lite/Full

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Routerstats Lite/Full

Quote from: jem16
The time that the SNRM went up exactly coincides with when I disconnected.

I assume you mean Disconnect the PPP Internet session - now that is interesting. Can you PM me the serial number please, I might have a theory.
............The call goes on for longer than the spike so it seems to just be the actual ringing.

That's what I was anticipating. That's something that crops up quite frequently.
Yes line rental moved over from Sky to PlusNet at the same time.

We'll see if we can get a full Copper Line Test done tomorrow, see if that shows anything up.
jem16
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
I assume you mean Disconnect the PPP Internet session - now that is interesting. Can you PM me the serial number please, I might have a theory.

Basically I did as you advised and logged into the router and clicked on disconnect. Than waited 10 minutes before rebooting. I'll pm the serial number.
We'll see if we can get a full Copper Line Test done tomorrow, see if that shows anything up.

I asked Support on Sunday if they would look at it. I assume those large fec errors have nothing to do with that. I've been told it's been escalated to the correct department but nothing else.
Anotherone
Champion

Oh so you have a ticket number then, if you can post that here, otherwise various people could be going round in circles.
Edit: So that there's no duplication of effort, what did you say exactly.  In fact if they've done a CLT can you post the test results.
jem16
Grafter

Stats this morning;
DSL Connection 

Link Information

Uptime: 0 days, 15:03:23

DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.5

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1,024 / 6,643

Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]: 36.77 / 148.94

Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.6 / 0.0

Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 29.1 / 47.5

SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 6.2 / 6.4

System Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / ----

Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote): BDCM / IFTN

Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0

Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0

Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0

Loss of Link (Remote): -

Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 141 / 0

FEC Errors (Up/Down): 117,061,562 / 189,415,364

CRC Errors (Up/Down): 267 / 204

HEC Errors (Up/Down): 953 / 1,722

jem16
Grafter

Oh so you have a ticket number then, if you can post that here, otherwise various people could be going round in circles.

Ticket number is 95149078
Edit: So that there's no duplication of effort, what did you say exactly.  In fact if they've done a CLT can you post the test results.

I told them that I had been experiencing sudden drops in SNRM mostly during the day which were causing problems in that I could not connect to any web page. I referred them to this thread. First response was to say that they had checked it out and all seemed stable with an SNRM of 10.8 - that was Monday morning. They suggested I refer it to 2nd level support and gave me a link to follow.
The link gave me a series of online questions about my phone and BB connections to answer which I simply followed. At the end I added all the info about experiencing no problems prior to switchover and linked to this thread for further info and graphs etc.
The only response I have had was on Monday evening to say they were doing line tests - this coincided with that Monday evening resync at 4:48. Next response was to say they had escalated it to the correct team and have heard nothing since.
One thing I did find odd during the questions was the fact that they told me I had been experiencing 2 disconnections each day for a week - the last few days yes bit not a week.
Anotherone
Champion

Perhaps one of the CRT could post up the Vis.Radius, that would help with explaining that issue.
jem16
Grafter

Just home - only one small drop today. However router appears to have just resynced a couple of minutes ago.
DSL Connection 

Link Information

Uptime: 0 days, 0:02:45

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1,005 / 6,312

Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]: 889.52 / 197.57

SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 6.3 / 3.6

Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 8 / 0

Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 1 / 0

Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 738 / 0

FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 411,737

CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 2,313

HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 2,675

Seems to have come back up at its target 6db and has now dropped pretty quickly to 3.3.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Perhaps one of the CRT could post up the Vis.Radius, that would help with explaining that issue.

Give me 2 mins and I'll post it up.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

Again, give me a couple minutes.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

Copper line test results attached, nothing jumps out on there.
jem16
Grafter

Thank you Chris.
Just had another resync after the SNRM dropped to around 2.8. It's back up now with a lower speed sync as presumably the "interference" is present.
DSL Connection  

Link Information

Uptime: 0 days, 0:01:16

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1,024 / 5,302

Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]: 906.08 / 198.80

SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 5.9 / 6.3

Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 16 / 0

Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 2 / 0

Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 1,633 / 0

FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 3,030

CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0

HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0

PlusNet Support just replied to my ticket;
Thanks for your patience.
I have tested this line, it is again stable, I can see the line was dropping connection this looks to have caused the line to re-train.
The synchronisation speeds between your router and exchange are as expected, currently 6643 which is well within your estimates of between 2500-6500, there are no errors and there is no evidence or reason to support any form of physical issue.
Please also note that broadband speeds can and will fluctuate on a daily basis depending upon many factors, please see our website on why broadband speed changes:

There's also some tests and when I figure out how to post them I will do.
However the problem only happens when the SNRM drops and clearly this is unacceptable happening every day and sometimes twice a day. It's not all about speed but about the fact that I cannot use the internet at these problem times.
jem16
Grafter

Tests from Support attached.
Current stats;
DSL Connection 

Link Information

Uptime: 0 days, 1:30:35

Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [GB/MB]: 1.03 / 259.59

SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 5.8 / 10.5

Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 1,646 / 0

FEC Errors (Up/Down): 1,898 / 214,793

CRC Errors (Up/Down): 14 / 29

HEC Errors (Up/Down): 46 / 243

Anotherone
Champion

Thanks for the Vis.Rad and CLT test Chris, as you say nothing jumping out, not a perfect line but pretty reasonable.
@jem16, the sync loss would have been Chris doing the CLT and would have been about 2m45s ish. Yes it look as though the interference was present and has gone at the last stats. I don't know what that agent that responded to your ticket is on, but certainly has a funny week. As for the comments about the tests, dropping connections don't cause a "restrain" in the sense of line training it means a resync, but as for the comment about no errors with an MTBE Down of 12 seconds and Up of 447 there's certainly some errors, Down is bad, Up is not too good.
Well if you haven't already, you could try a Disconnect and power off for 10 minutes plus - I say plus, because whilst you are off, you could check none of your extension sockets are masters.
jem16
Grafter

I don't know what that agent that responded to your ticket is on, but certainly has a funny week.

I must admit I thought the answers were a bit strange too.
As for the comments about the tests, dropping connections don't cause a "restrain" in the sense of line training it means a resync, but as for the comment about no errors with an MTBE Down of 12 seconds and Up of 447 there's certainly some errors, Down is bad, Up is not too good.

I didn't understand some of the results tbh. You've obviously picked up on those - what do they mean?
Meanwhile I have replied to the response including the stats where FEC errors were in their millions and saying I still had concerns. Also included the most recent graph.

Well if you haven't already, you could try a Disconnect and power off for 10 minutes plus - I say plus, because whilst you are off, you could check none of your extension sockets are masters.

I certainly will do but it would really take the weekend to do that. Some of the extension sockets are behind TVs (for ease of connection with Sky at the time) and PC (used originally for dial up connections) so it would take some time to get around them.
I'm also a bit reluctant to disconnect and reconnect as it will more than likely be at a time when there is no interference and although I will end up with a higher speed, I know it will give me grief when the SNRM drops.
Any further thought on your theory from last night?
Added two further graphs from this evening. The first one is the one I attached to my Ticket response this evening. Current stats also;
DSL Connection  

Link Information

Uptime: 0 days, 3:59:40

Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [GB/MB]: 1.30 / 331.58

SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 6.4 / 10.3

Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 1,650 / 0

FEC Errors (Up/Down): 5,263 / 341,715

CRC Errors (Up/Down): 37 / 35

HEC Errors (Up/Down): 152 / 277
My IP Profile seems to be lower than my current sync speed - will that change?
Download speed achieved during the test was - 4.55 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 2 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
IP Profile for your line is - 4.68 Mbps

Anotherone
Champion

MTBE Downstream 12 seconds is what it says really. The Mean Time Between Errors on the Downstream is 12 seconds, ie.on average you are/were getting an error every 12 seconds.
It will be interesting to see if they interpret the 1839 graph as REIN. Pound to a penny they will come back and ask are you plugged into the test socket at the moment.