cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router

trufflesdad
Grafter

Router

Am thinking of buying a TP-LInk TD-W951ND router..Any comments on these ?
2 REPLIES 2
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Router

I'd edit your first post to edit the Title and add the TP-Link model number to the title, you may get a more knowledgeable response more quickly.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

Re: Router

I assume you mean the TD-W8951ND.
I've no hands on experience of the Tp_link models but they do seem to offer value for money.
The TD-W8951ND is only a Wireless N-Lite router and so wireless performace is not going to be great.
If cost is a main issue then I'd look at the TD-W8960N or TD-W8961ND instead since they offer full Wireless N
If you can stretch to a bit more ( or maybe thinking of fibre at some time ) then look at the TD-W8970, it has Gigabit ethernet and the capability of a WAN port for fibre use.
BTW noting your other post http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,115077.0/topicseen.html , PlusNet will supply you with a new router ( TG582n ) for the cost of postage ( £5.99 ) as long as you stay for another 12 months. Some people have experienced poor wireless performance with it though.
Hope that helps

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.