cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router suggestions

drenai
Grafter

Router suggestions

I have a high amount of connections to my router at most times of the day, such as:
2 x Xbox 360's
3 x Desktop computers
3 x IPad's
6 x Phones.
Of course all of these are not on 24/7, but at particular times of the day, they are.  Also we tend to have a lot of visitors, which means I often have to connect their phones and IPad's etc to the network.  As you can imagine it can become an incredibly busy network, the result is that my router, which was supplied by PlusNet (Technicolor TG582n) often fails and has disconnects.  Also the administration features are lacking, not allowing me to turn off wireless on certain devices when I please, without removing them from the network entirely.
I would consider myself fairly tech savvy, however I do not have much experience with routers - therefore could anyone suggest a decent router that has good throughput and wireless speeds.  Price isn't exactly an issue, I am willing to spend £200 if it is good enough.  I don't know much about dual band etc and I'm not entirely sure whether I'm looking for WAN - LAN throughput or LAN - WAN throughput, which is why I'm asking here.
Thank you.